Author Topic: FlyTampa Sydney International Airport  (Read 6020 times)

mcbellette

FlyTampa Sydney International Airport
« on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:34 am »
Hi all

I have a minor, but annoying issue related to GSX with FlyTampa's YSSY scenery that has just been released. I utilised GSX to initiate a pushback from Gate 5 of the Qantas domestic terminal and rather than turn me around and lining me up on the taxiway, as it did with the previous default scenery, the tug just pushed me back dead straight and finished with me 90 degrees off the taxiway line. Is this a GSX issue, or a FlyTampa YSSY issue? I'd really like a fix so I can get back to a more realistic pushback.

Thanks,

Matthew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FlyTampa Sydney International Airport
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:15:09 am »
Is this a GSX issue, or a FlyTampa YSSY issue? I'd really like a fix so I can get back to a more realistic pushback.

Of course it's a FlyTampa issue and not a GSX issue. They have the habit to always set all their pushback preferences to "None", most likely because FSX doesn't care and treat both "None" and "Both" as the same (FSX pushback always work).

However, it's very unlikely any airport would *always* allow Both direction at all places, there are always places were you cannot select a direction so, ideally, a scenery designer should always take the time to indicate such places in the AFCAD.

But that's not really a problem, you can do a quick fix using the "Customize airport positions" option in GSX, select the whole airport ( click the ICAO root node in the list on the left ) and set the Pushback preference to "Both", so you'll see Left/Right too, in addition to the "Straight Pushback" option, which is the only option available in the case the parking spot is set with a "None" Pushback preference in the AFCAD.

mcbellette

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 12:12:24 pm »
Is this a GSX issue, or a FlyTampa YSSY issue? I'd really like a fix so I can get back to a more realistic pushback.

Of course it's a FlyTampa issue and not a GSX issue. They have the habit to always set all their pushback preferences to "None", most likely because FSX doesn't care and treat both "None" and "Both" as the same (FSX pushback always work).

However, it's very unlikely any airport would *always* allow Both direction at all places, there are always places were you cannot select a direction so, ideally, a scenery designer should always take the time to indicate such places in the AFCAD.

But that's not really a problem, you can do a quick fix using the "Customize airport positions" option in GSX, select the whole airport ( click the ICAO root node in the list on the left ) and set the Pushback preference to "Both", so you'll see Left/Right too, in addition to the "Straight Pushback" option, which is the only option available in the case the parking spot is set with a "None" Pushback preference in the AFCAD.

Is it worthwhile for me to contact FlyTampa and ask them to make changes to their AFCAD to accommodate pushback (not just for GSX, but also other products out there)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 02:21:16 pm »
Is it worthwhile for me to contact FlyTampa and ask them to make changes to their AFCAD to accommodate pushback (not just for GSX, but also other products out there)?

For you, this is the easiest solution:

you can do a quick fix using the "Customize airport positions" option in GSX, select the whole airport ( click the ICAO root node in the list on the left ) and set the Pushback preference to "Both"

Of course, it would be best if the AFCAD was correct to begin with, especially since it might not affect just GSX (which is easily customized), but other utilities as well. The default AFCAD for YSSY has Pushback enabled on all parking stands.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 11:54:17 pm »
 The ADE for YSSY has all gates set to NONE for the push back option. Not a difficult fix for those that choose to.

mcbellette

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:59:31 am »
The ADE for YSSY has all gates set to NONE for the push back option. Not a difficult fix for those that choose to.

How?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 01:34:45 am »
 Umberto already told you one way to do it in his first reply using GSX. Another is to open the airport file in ADE or another airport file editor and change them.