Author Topic: KLAX Not Working - bglmanx Error with Attahcment  (Read 6349 times)

kuuipo

KLAX Not Working - bglmanx Error with Attahcment
« on: June 10, 2015, 07:11:48 pm »
After installing KLAX, when FSX loads I get the error message you see in the attachment )Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on): Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library, Version 3.0.0.4, Company VIRTUALI Sagl, File: bglmanx.dll).

I have tried all of the suggestions in the related threads of this topic.  Still can not get it to work consistently.  Sometimes after a reinstall (4 times now), the program will run once.  If I reboot the computer, same problem again.  Once I started the computer, ran FSX and everything worked, but would not work again.

I have disabled my antivirus program, Comodo, then uninstalled it completely to be sure that was not the problem, still will not work.

FSX is installed in C:\FSX and run as administrator.  All FSX programs are run as administrator.

I have deleted the FSX.cfg file, still does not work.

Each time after an install, the databases are rebuilt as I trust them.

I make sure and reboot after an uninstall.

The Event Viewer only shows fsx.exe as an application hang, Event ID 1002.

When I get the attached error, if I say no to running the software, everything works perfectly except I don't have KLAX.  If I say yes, the FSX splash screens just sits there until I force a stop.

I have tried the Beta program mentioned in one of the threads; does the same thing.

AES Backpack is #1 in the scenery.cfg file, and C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2 is #12 at the top of the California scenery file section.

Now what?????  HELP!

Bob
PMDG737NGX
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:42:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX Not Working - bglmanx Error with Attahcment
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:27 pm »
I have tried all of the suggestions in the related threads of this topic.  Still can not get it to work consistently.  Sometimes after a reinstall (4 times now), the program will run once.  If I reboot the computer, same problem again.  Once I started the computer, ran FSX and everything worked, but would not work again.

The one and only suggestion that you should have tried first, is this one:

- Always ALLOW the module to run, EVEN IF FSX CRASHES

- Try a couple of times

- Try after a Windows reboot.

- Be sure you turn off ALL compatibility modes for FSX.EXE and, eventually, try running FSX as Administrator instead, but with every compatibility option turned off.

If still doesn't work after doing ALL of this, then the real problem is a conflict with another addon, most likely a conflict between different versions of the VC++ runtime libraries, that are not working together on your system.

There were some previous reports about a conflict caused by the GoFlight software, do you have those installed ?

kuuipo

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 11:36:56 pm »
I have never been able to get FSX to load if I let the module run. 

I always runs as administrator, and I do not use any compatibilities. 

I do not have any GoFlight hardware or software. 

My SSD drive is wearing out due to the number of reboots--don't think that's a problem.  After ANY change, I reboot.

I have the current C++ files, at least according to Microsoft.

As for other programs, I do have quite a few FSX programs, but they all work until I install KLAX.  If that is the problem, I would be inclined to believe that the problem is with KLAX, not the other programs.

If I can't get this running, I will have no choice but to bail on KLAX.  Actually, I don't think it is the KLAX scenery files, rather one of the scenery support programs/files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 12:02:30 am »
I always runs as administrator, and I do not use any compatibilities.  

This sentence is self-counterdicting. "Run as administrator" IS one of the "compatibilities" option. It's on the "Compatibility" tab of the executable for a reason. Try turning it OFF (so everything in that page is turned off), which is how FSX is installed by default.

I do not have any GoFlight hardware or software.  

Then the conflict is caused by another addon or a problem with the VC++ libraries. The GoFlight case it's just one example of a conflict caused by another addon, surely not the only one.

I have the current C++ files, at least according to Microsoft.

"Current" VC++ libraries doesn't mean much. It's possible there's a problem with their installation, which is preventing the Side-by-side mechanism, which is supposed to allow two software programs using different versions of the libraries, to be loaded and executed at the same time, is not working correctly.

Actually, I don't think it is the KLAX scenery files, rather one of the scenery support programs/files.

It's not KLAX, and it's not the bglmanx.dll module. The module is the victim of a problem caused by a conflict, which can be either just a conflict with another FSX addon OR a problem of your VC++ libraries installation.

You cannot verify this, unless you turn off all your 3rd party modules *except* the FSDT ones, then test FSX in that situation. If it works and loads the module with no problems, you would KNOW the problem is a conflict with another module, so you only need to re-enable them ONE BY ONE, launch FSX every time, until you find the one causing the conflict.

If, instead, you still get the error even with NO other 3rd party modules enabled ( both in the DLL.XML file and in the EXE.XML file ) other than the FSDT ones, then you would KNOW the problem is, instead, a problem with your VC++ libraries, which are not correctly installed, or are just conflicting with themselves. Yes, there were issues when a version of the VC++ libraries caused issues with a different one.

So, the correct course of action, is not obviously "bail out" of KLAX, because this way you will NEVER find the REAL cause of the problem, but follow the above troubleshooting steps, which will give you a real indication of what the real cause is.

If you find this too difficult/complex, I'm always available for direct assistance with Teamviewer. PM me for details about it.

carolynandnorm

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 11:22:11 pm »
I have exactly the same problem,it is only with fsdt products installed.When I uninstall the fsdt products the problem goes away.
And I really like GSX and LAX
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:51:44 am by carolynandnorm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 10:32:31 pm »
I have exactly the same problem,it is only with fsdt products installed.When I uninstall the fsdt products the problem goes away.

Well, of course you don't have it when uninstalling an FSDT product: that module that FSX mistakenly think has a problem IS installed with FSDT, and uninstalled without...

But that's not really the point, and it doesn't indicate in any way the problem is *caused* by FSDT products. It's exactly the opposite: something in your system is AFFECTING the bglmanx.dll module, which is the victim of the problem, not the cause.

Every user that reported this, always fixed in one of the ways explained above.

In addition to that, check your antivirus, because it might also cause this problem, if (by mistakenly blocking the installer to install some files, but not others) has created a mix-match between files from different versions.

- Download and install with the antivirus ENTIRELY DISABLED

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

carolynandnorm

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »
I don't have antivirus ,I removed it entirely .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
I don't have antivirus ,I removed it entirely .

Then your problem is one of the one already explained above, like a problem with VC++ libraries. Our installer will of course install them automatically, but if they have been missing corrupted afterwards, you can try a reinstall:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install the x86 version. Restart Windows after you installed them.