Author Topic: GSX not working  (Read 6063 times)

matt121

GSX not working
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:49:37 pm »
Hi. Downloaded GSX trial version with option to buy. But isn't working at all. Please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 11:45:07 pm »
It's not possible to help you with such generic description as "isn't working". Since the program is obviously working, you should provide a more precise description, so we might help you understand why it doesn't seem to work on your system.

matt121

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 12:54:08 am »
Thank you for your reply. After downloading gsx. i went into fsx and followed the instructions. After going to the trial airport locations and pressing the command ctrl+f12. Yet nothing happened. No window appeared or anything. It's like its not there at all. I use the fsx gold acceleration on windows 7 pro. I dont even get the add on manager in fsx during game play.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 01:01:11 am »
. I dont even get the add on manager in fsx during game play.

You must have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX Addons menu. Have you been asked permission to run both modules when you first ran FSX after the installation ? Have you authorized both modules ?

matt121

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »
yes i did authorise both when first going into fsx. I even try'd copy and pasting into the addon scenery, also try'd uninstalling and reinstalling both, but still have the same problem. Have try'd a disc clean and defragment but still no joy. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling them again. 3rd time lucky a lol.

Have try'd uninstalling and reinstalling again but it's still the same. I did notice on the download that not all of the pythons was installed. Would this be the reason for this issue?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:00:06 pm by matt121 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 09:25:48 pm »
yes i did authorise both when first going into fsx

And do you have both menus after you authorized them ?

I even try'd copy and pasting into the addon scenery

Who told you to do that ? If you do such things, it might be precisely the reason why you don't see the scenery. The installer obviously works and places the files were they are supposed to go, and they will work ONLY from there. Undo all the mess you did, and only reply to the questions made, don't do anything else and don't try to fix things in a different way than told.

Have try'd uninstalling and reinstalling again but it's still the same. I did notice on the download that not all of the pythons was installed. Would this be the reason for this issue?

If this was an issue, I would *asked* something about it. It's not the reason, it's normal that all Python files wasn't installed, the program doesn't install stuff for product you don't have, of course...

Report back about seeing the menus.

matt121

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:12:41 am »
I'm still not seeing the menus. Everything is where it should be as i uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure they was. But still the add on manager is not on there. Even Ctrl+F12 is not doing anything. The pushback has not been replaced as it states in the PDF File. Yet the couatl is in my files along with the couatl-update and all the rest of it. But when in fsx "nothing".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 10:29:23 am »
. But still the add on manager is not on there. Even Ctrl+F12 is not doing anything.

It's no use trying the keys if you don't have both menus, which indicates the software hasn't even started. Do you have the "Addons" menu under FSX, or even that one is missing ?

matt121

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 01:07:00 pm »
even the addon is missing. From Flights to Help is all that is there. Just as allways been.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 01:15:57 pm »
even the addon is missing. From Flights to Help is all that is there. Just as allways been.

Which indicates your problem is not really related to any of our products, but it's more general.

If you are missing the whole "Addons" menu, it means that NO 3rd party module is currently running, and that MIGHT be caused by a problem of either Simconnect libraries missing/corrupted, or the VC++ 2005 that Simconnect depends on, missing/corrupted.

this thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

matt121

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 01:27:24 pm »
Ok thank you. I will give the a go now. Thank you again for your assistance.

Matt

matt121

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »
sorry but it's still not working. is possible for you to remote assist? as i'm getting a bit annoyed with now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »
sorry but it's still not working. is possible for you to remote assist? as i'm getting a bit annoyed with now.

Since, according to your own report, your are missing the whole "Addons" menu, it's clear your problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products so, your "getting a bit annoyed" remark might exactly be what will *prevent* you to get a free remote assistance you are surely not entitled to because the problem (again, according to your own report) it's clearly something basic in your FSX install and it's unrelated to our products.

Courtesy free assistance for stuff totally unrelated to our product might be possible (although one should not expect it or taken from granted), but the next time, try to restrain yourself from such comments, because if your system was already messed up, you just cannot expect our software would magically fix it. If it COULD do that, it would be way more useful than a ground service addon for FSX, and we would be best selling it as a "system fixer", instead...

Contact me by PM for a Teamviewer session, so we'll find out what the non-FSDT related problem you *already* had that is PREVENTING GSX to work (and it's likely prevent any other 3rd party addon module, since you said yourself you don't have any "Addons" menu), which will hopefully fixed...