Author Topic: black vehicles at some indian airports **SOLVED**  (Read 3334 times)

coolgovind180

black vehicles at some indian airports **SOLVED**
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:57:33 am »
I noticed the baggage handlers of jet airways to be black...remaining all like air india and indigo are working fine...i noticed this at some gates in VABB and VOTV..when jet airways is handling the operations..

i have installed the latest vehicle update and i have also updated add on manager as of latest release. My GSx version is also up todate..

thanking you

govind
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:07:52 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: black vehicles at some indian airports
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:11:25 am »
You have been replied to this in December already, and I can only repeat and confirm again, that Jet Airways are working. See the attached screenshot, taken at VABB.

If you saw black textures, it means one of the following:

1) You don't have the latest version of the full GSX installer

OR

2) You haven't installed the latest vehicles updates (installing the latest full GSX makes this unnecessary)

OR

3) You tried to create the livery yourself with the PaintKit, made some kind of mistake, so your livery is being chosen. In this case, remove any custom livery you made, edit the sim.cfg in the PaintKit to remove it, so the Jet Airways that comes with GSX will be used.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:14:54 am by virtuali »

coolgovind180

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »
thanks umberto for the reply.

Here are the two screenshots i am attaching. only a particular type of baggage handler is black in colour. remaining all works fine.

what might this be due to? I installed GSX full version 1.9 already which gave deicing updates. Add on manager is up to date. i checked using check for updates tools,.

thanking you

govind

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »
I installed GSX full version 1.9 already which gave deicing updates. Add on manager is up to date. i checked using check for updates tools,.

The latest GSX version is NOT 1.9, it's 1.9.0.9 so, if you never updated your vehicles, you don't have the latest version of the vehicles and liveries.

As explained in the GSX manual, the Live Update feature DOES NOT updates vehicles and liveries, it will ONLY update the GSX program code. New vehicles models, liveries, textures and sounds can ONLY be obtained by downloading the current GSX full installer OR one of the vehicles updates.

Here are the two screenshots i am attaching. only a particular type of baggage handler is black in colour. remaining all works fine.

Your screenshot indicates another bug that has been fixed months ago, because you have two mixed operators which, again, indicates you are not using the current version of the vehicles which, as I've said in my previous message, can only be obtained by downloading the current GSX full installer OR one of the vehicles updates.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:29:35 pm by virtuali »

coolgovind180

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 06:17:26 am »
hey umberto..

thanks for the response...i downloaded the latest vehicle update (labelled nov 2014) from your website...and installed it...guess what..jet airways is present now..no mixed operators and black vehicles anymore...everything is back to normal..only i have 1 doubt...how come my vehicles became black..now everything is fine..thanks umberto..:)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 11:07:43 am »
thanks for the response...i downloaded the latest vehicle update (labelled nov 2014) from your website...and installed it...guess what..jet airways is present now..no mixed operators and black vehicles anymore...everything is back to normal..

That's to be expected.

only i have 1 doubt...how come my vehicles became black..now everything is fine..thanks umberto..:)

They have not "became" black. Black textures are caused by missing liveries textures, which you never had them because you never updated the vehicles.