Author Topic: GSX Boarding completes but planes and ATC shutdown, and can't restart engines  (Read 3291 times)

Deamon3069

Hi there,

I have no issues with catering or fueling but when I request boarding, it will start and complete. But as soon as it completes, I am no longer able to use ATC window, the aircraft panel goes black as if I have no electrical systems and I can't restart the engines because of it. How can I fix this as I have tried all commercial jetliners? Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
As discussed many times on the forum, GSX doesn't act in any way on your airplane. It only checks things like the doors status or the engine status, but it doesn't try to do any changes to any system.

In your case, it seems that, after shutting down the engines in order to be serviced, your airplane didn't had a source of power for the instruments and to restart the engine, most likely because the battery has been exhausted.

What you need to do, depends on the airplane you use and it's entirely unrelated to GSX. If your airplane simulates the availability of a ground power supply, you can use that. Or, if it has an air start unit, you can use that too. Or, if it simulates an APU, you can leave it on while being serviced.

On a default airplane, or a 3rd party airplane that doesn't have any means to supply power with engines off, you can use FSUIPC, which has an option to prevent battery drainage, which is way too fast by default.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:02:37 pm by virtuali »

Deamon3069

I appreciate that info and I will definitely try that, thank you. Oh, and what is the FSUIPC and how do I use that? Sorry, I am new to that term.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
FSUIPC is a very popular addon module made by Pete Dowson, which is used by many 3rd party add-ons, especially airplane products, and it has an option to extend battery life.

Deamon3069

Unfortunately, I am not seeing an option for extend battery life. Where would I find that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's not available in the freeware version.