Author Topic: Uni-install procedure  (Read 4888 times)

Pearskin

Uni-install procedure
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:59:53 pm »
I would like to completely un-install then re-install CYVR and its associated components, Couatl and Add-on manager, etc. please can you give me instructions because  I had to rebuild FSX and I cant get CYVR to re-install correctly. I cant seem to find un-install instructions in the documentation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uni-install procedure
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:41:19 pm »
There are no special uninstall instructions, because the product uninstalls as with any other Windows program out there: using the Add/Remove Programs section in the Windows Control Panel.

In any case, uninstalling/reinstalling won't automatically fix a problem by itself. What problem, exactly, are you having ?

Pearskin

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:52 pm »
Hello Umberto, The problem is easy to explain. After rebuilding FSX after a system crash, I re-installed all of my add-ons except FSDT Vancouver CYVR. Everything was running perfectly to my satisfaction. Then I tried to re-install FSDT CYVR. After FSX initializes, it just completely aborts with no error messages or any other indications. The system itself is not affected, only FSX will not run. I tried removing FSDT CYVR from the scenery list and running again, FSX would still not run. If I uninstall FSDT CYVR completely and run FSX again, it runs ok. ALL my add-ons are propriety so I am pretty sure it is not being caused by a mismatch. Here is a list of the FSDT items I am trying to install.

cyvr_fsx_setup version 1.4.1.0
setup_addonmanagerX version 2.9.0.28

I am NOT trying to install gsx_fsx_setup version 1.9.0.6 at this time but will install it later on and finally (I am a beginning flyer) what are AFCADS and do they affect the installation.
Please can you help me?  BTW the first time I loaded this software after purchasing it, it installed ok. I can supply my serial numbers for them if you need them.

Terry O'Brien

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:56:29 am »
After FSX initializes, it just completely aborts with no error messages or any other indications. The system itself is not affected, only FSX will not run. I tried removing FSDT CYVR from the scenery list and running again, FSX would still not run. If I uninstall FSDT CYVR completely and run FSX again, it runs ok. ALL my add-ons are propriety so I am pretty sure it is not being caused by a mismatch.

The "FSX shutdown with no errors" is NOT caused by any of our products, and it can be dealt in one specific way, explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

Once we'll connect, I'll show you what *really* caused it.

Pearskin

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »
Hello Umberto, I have installed TeamViewer. Can we arrange time to connect please. Terry

Pearskin

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:43:57 pm »
Addendum to last message I am in Canada British Columbia so I am on the pacific time zone. Also do we need to connect privately, you didn't say.
Terry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:06:29 pm »
Addendum to last message I am in Canada British Columbia so I am on the pacific time zone. Also do we need to connect privately, you didn't say.

Sure I did, in the link I posted before:

please contact me in private with a Teamviewer session ID and password