Author Topic: FSDT Chicago O'Hare, JFK and MyTrafficX 5.2  (Read 7388 times)

firehawk44

FSDT Chicago O'Hare, JFK and MyTrafficX 5.2
« on: October 18, 2008, 09:02:42 pm »
I just wanted to alert DreamTeam users to potential problems with the KORD and KJFK products if you have MyTrafficX 5.2 installed.  I recently upgraded MyTrafficX to version 5.2 and started seeing double runways/taxiways. For instance, Runway 9R at KORD also had the number 10 superimposed over the runway and several additional runway lines. Frame rates were drastically low too and in the single digits. I checked my scenery.cfg for double entries and looked in the ADDON folder for duplicate airports but found none.  I then recalled MyTrafficX installs AFCADS for their AI aircraft.  To fix this problem, I simply renamed the MyTraffic AFCAD's to BR2_KORD.old and BR2_KJFK.old.  I just hope now MyTraffic AI will be able to properly takeoff and land at KORD and KJFK.  I hope this helps others who might encounter this problem.

Best regards,
Jim

JamesChams

Re: FSDT Chicago O'Hare, JFK and MyTrafficX 5.2
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:28 am »
Mr. Burkhard Renk has always recommended that users will need to go into the MyTraffic folder and remove/rename the AFCAD files (BR2*KORD.bgl and BR2*KJFK.bgl) so that they don't conflict with add-on sceneries (like KORD's / KJFK's) installed/default ones.

Good Luck!
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Chicago O'Hare, JFK and MyTrafficX 5.2
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:19:09 am »
Yes, this has been already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1262.0

The AFCAD files included with a Traffic package are usually always based on default airports, just with better airlines assignments and more parking slots.

But, since a 3rd party addon scenery usually comes with its own AFCAD, is always best to use that one. MyTraffic or other AI models shouldn't have any problem using that one instead.