Author Topic: A few problems with GSX  (Read 2917 times)

porterguy

A few problems with GSX
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:23:56 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm new here so bear with me lol. I have read a lot of the topics posted here but have not found anyone with the same specific problem I have. My first problem is probably an easy fix. When I load my gate, the push tug is invisible except for the driver (unless the tug is also a towing tractor). Other things that I can only see the driver are the air stairs for larger aircraft and the passenger bus. I have tried tweaking things in the addon manager but nothing has worked.

My second problem is the more serious one. When I started FSX about three days ago, Norton antivirus removed Coutle (or whatever the proper spelling is) from my computer as it is marked unsafe. When I try to reinstall it, Norton goes crazy and gets a large amount of virus block indicators. Is there a way to fix this or is the product no longer safe?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few problems with GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:35:22 pm »
When I load my gate, the push tug is invisible except for the driver (unless the tug is also a towing tractor). Other things that I can only see the driver are the air stairs for larger aircraft and the passenger bus. I have tried tweaking things in the addon manager but nothing has worked.

First, check you are using the latest vehicle updates. If you are not sure, just download and install the latest GSX Full installer.

If that doesn't fix this, it might be a problem of your graphic settings. Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

If this still doesn't fix it, be sure you don't run FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes. Every checkmark in the Compatibility tab of the Properties for FSX.EXE should be off.

My second problem is the more serious one. When I started FSX about three days ago, Norton antivirus removed Coutle (or whatever the proper spelling is) from my computer as it is marked unsafe. When I try to reinstall it, Norton goes crazy and gets a large amount of virus block indicators. Is there a way to fix this or is the product no longer safe?

That's a Norton bug, read here for a complete explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11052.msg85385.html#msg85385

When the antivirus is defective (right now, Norton is the worse offender), you should do the following:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.