Author Topic: PMDG 777F Bus Passanger **SOLVED**  (Read 6881 times)

Artur

PMDG 777F Bus Passanger **SOLVED**
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:22:29 pm »
I wonder if that is a way to disable the passanger bus (and of course the boarding/debording) people with the Freighter version of 777? I mean is no sense, there are no passengers on board :o
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:41:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777F Bus Passanger
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »
I wonder if that is a way to disable the passanger bus (and of course the boarding/debording) people with the Freighter version of 777? I mean is no sense, there are no passengers on board

GSX doesn't recognize an airplane as cargo as such, proper recognition of cargo airplanes with cargo operations, will come in the GSX Cargo expansion product we are working on right now. It's likely that, once we have all the structure in place, we'll use it to prevent the passenger bus and passenger boarding sounds to be played, even with standard GSX.

luko

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:48 am »
Ok, but I found one more issue - when boarding, pax sound not ends and pax bus doesn't drive away even when baggage load is finished...so I have to restart Couatl. There is the same issue when deboarding.

Regards,
Lucas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:30:39 am »
Ok, but I found one more issue - when boarding, pax sound not ends and pax bus doesn't drive away even when baggage load is finished...so I have to restart Couatl. There is the same issue when deboarding.

Doesn't normally happen Please indicate all the following:

- The airport used. If not default, please indicate the scenery and the AFCAD in use. If possible, please provide a case when this happens on a default airport.

- The gate used

- The GSX operation you selected and if you remember, the order of the operations.

luko

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:08:44 pm »
departure LFBO - scenery downloaded from http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=164383&Cookie=1 (start on B12 stand)
destination LKPR - downloaded from czech vacc website, however  there is v 1.2 available, but I have 1.1b. (http://www.vacc-cz.org/en/airports/lkpr)

Procedure:
1. request catering
2. just after that I requested fuel
3. and just after that - boarding request - however - as we all know - I had to wait when previous services were ended.

Before fuel request I opened main exit, so board process started when door was open already.

One more thing - a few months ago I changed airplane customization 777-2000LR (doors checks). Now it looks:

Freighter model has only one door in front of the left side of fuselage, and A/C config looks like that:

However I don't think that is related with this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:15:01 pm »
However I don't think that is related with this issue.

Please check if this happens with the default configuration. Use the "RESET" button in the airplane configuration editor to reset to the configuration that comes with GSX.

Also, please try to indicate a reproduction case on a default airport or an FSDT airport, if possible.

luko

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »
Quote from: virtuali
Please check if this happens with the default configuration.

I can do it, but let you know that I didn't change aircraft configuration for 777F... I did it only for LR version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:20 pm »
I can do it, but let you know that I didn't change aircraft configuration for 777F... I did it only for LR version.

Reset them both, just to be sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:27 pm »
departure LFBO - scenery downloaded from http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=164383&Cookie=1 (start on B12 stand)

I downloaded this scenery (with the update too), and couldn't find any B12 stand, are you sure of this ?

luko

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »
Yes. I should be more precise... B12 is a marking on the map. In simulator this stand is called: "North-East Apron 12 BIG GA RAMP".

luko

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 10:43:51 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I tried to do things again (same aircraft, airport, stand and the same weight of payload). After about 20 min. PAX were finally boarded. I think I know the reason of that...

When I started boarding, I have c.a. 130000 lbs of payload on board (loaded via PMDG FCDU):

However, in FSX payload settings looks like this:

As you see, there are For-, Mid- and Aft-Cabin boxes - summary about 79000 lbs. I assume that "Cabin" value means weight of PAX - right?
79000/170(each pax) -> 465 passengers. I have set boarding time per passenger = 2.5 sec what gives in result 1162 sec, and this is equal to nearly 20 min.

Do you think is there possibility to resolve it?

Lucas

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:11:18 pm by luko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 11:41:04 pm »
However, in FSX payload settings looks like this:

These are the only settings that count. If PMDG uses its own internal simulation of weights that is not sent back to FSX, GSX cannot possibly know about it. It's *possible* that, with our upcoming Cargo Expansion product for GSX, we'll try to interact directly with the most popular airplanes, and possibly know about what each stations does.

As you see, there are For-, Mid- and Aft-Cabin boxes - summary about 79000 lbs. I assume that "Cabin" value means weight of PAX - right?

Unfortunately, that's not how FSX works. Simconnect only provides with a list of loading stations and their weight. The names you are seeing in the user interface are just "names", they can be anything, cargo, cabin, pilot, 2nd pilot, etc. They can be different for each airplane, and they ALSO change depending on the FSX language AND the language used by the airplane developer (on a 3rd party airplane), to name the station.

But for a program point of view ( FSX, hence Simconnect, which goes to GSX ), they are just "stations", there's no way for us to know if a station is a pilot, a whole class of passengers, or a cargo bay, unless we tried to do some adventurous and surely VERY unreliable heuristic matching by parsing the NAME, which will be dramatically unreliable, for all the above reasons. A developer might name a station "coach class", another one "2nd class", etc.

So, instead of trying to do that, GSX simply ask Simconnect the weight of ALL stations, to obtain a total of cargo + passengers, and will divide it by 220 LBS, an industry standard to estimate the load of a passenger + luggage, and this would be used as an estimated number of passengers, which will be the basis to calculate the boarding time, and the number of carts in the loading vehicles.

79000/170(each pax) -> 465 passengers. I have set boarding time per passenger = 2.5 sec what gives in result 1162 sec, and this is equal to nearly 20 min.

The actual calculation GSX made in your case, was 129500 / 220 lbs = 588 passengers, resulting in 24 minutes boarding time, with your settings of 2.5 seconds. If you had GSX at its default setting of 0,4 per passenger, the boarding time would lasted 4 minutes.

Do you think is there possibility to resolve it?

GSX was entirely correct calculating a boarding time of 24 minutes, considering your changed timing setting.

There IS a reason why our default settings are lower than reality....while in reality 24 minutes to board a 777 would be considered very fast, in the sim they become very boring, up to a point you even thought the boarding was "stuck" and there was some kind of bug.

So no, there's nothing to fix, GSX is working as expected.

We are making the system more complex for the Cargo expansion product, so GSX would know how much Cargo any airplane can hold in each Cargo bay, as an additional data we'll provide in the internal database, so we'll be able to treat different cases for:

- Full passenger configurations

- Combo cargo+passengers

- Full cargo

This change to the internal database would surely benefit the normal GSX boarding procedure, even when not using the Cargo expansion.

luko

Re: PMDG 777F Bus Passanger **SOLVED**
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 11:50:59 pm »
Thanks for explanations, Umberto. Nice to hear about your new Cargo expansion ...any release dates? ;)