Author Topic: F/A-18 Soundset  (Read 5358 times)

Snare_TS

F/A-18 Soundset
« on: October 15, 2008, 03:43:17 am »
Does anyone know of a better soundset that has a realistic afterburner and turbine sound for the default hornet?

Thanks!

Intrepid

Re: F/A-18 Soundset
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 03:00:41 pm »
http://www.fs-freeware.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=ns_getit&cid=80&lid=1473&type=url#get

Click on the link above, it is the freeware download for the F-14D ,,The sound file folder has some
very impressive effects in it. I like the sound files from this, just remember to back up your original
files. I learned the importance of back up's the hard way ::) I hope it has what you are looking for
Good luck
Randy

Snare_TS

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:34:47 am »
I'll give them a try!

Thanks!

vortex_25

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:04:04 pm »
How exactly do you go about installing these for the Hornet?

Also, I noticed that within the FA-18 > sound folder, there are tons of cool SFX files which I have not heard while using the Hornet. For example, there seems to be several different versions of the cockpit-engine sound, only 1 of which is used by default. How do I set it so that the sim uses these other files? Or does the game use a layer combo of these effect files to generate what you hear in-game?

Yeah, I'm just confused.. but the Hornet is in desperate need of a new and more realistic soundset.