Author Topic: FSDT Airports  (Read 5715 times)

skysong

FSDT Airports
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:20:41 pm »
I have just purchased GSX Ground Service for FSX. I was under the impression that there were a few FSDT airports included with the purchase. Before purchase I read an article on AVSIM that read as follows: "Just what we give away for free with GSX, the 12 FSDT airports and 2 from Flightbeam (that can be used without any limitations just by downloading GSX)", but I don't know which airports were included. How do I go about finding them and which airports are included with purchase? Any help will be appreciated...Thanks....skysong..... :)   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Airports
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:40:42 pm »
I have just purchased GSX Ground Service for FSX. I was under the impression that there were a few FSDT airports included with the purchase.

Nowhere on our site we said this. It's not that FSDT airports are "included" with GSX. It's exactly the opposite: if you ALREADY OWN any FSDT or Flightbeam airport, GSX IS INCLUDED, meaning you can use it for free THERE. From the GSX product page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

"GSX works FOR FREE AT ALL FSDT AIRPORTS".

This means GSX is free to use at FSDT airports, which is exactly the opposite of saying the airports are free to use, if you have GSX.

Before purchase I read an article on AVSIM that read as follows: "Just what we give away for free with GSX, the 12 FSDT airports and 2 from Flightbeam (that can be used without any limitations just by downloading GSX)"

About the Avsim review, which gave GSX their Gold Award, the entire sentence was "Just what we give away for free with GSX, the 12 FSDT airports and 2 from Flightbeam (that can be used without any limitations just by downloading GSX), would cost in AES credits more than the entire GSX product"

The comparison was between:

- purchasing AES credit support for FSDT/Flightbeam airports you already own

AND

- just downloading and install GSX, to use it without limitations at those FSDT/Flightbeam airports you already own

That was the meaning of the comparison: just the GSX SUPPORT (which is NOT a free airport!) we give for FSDT/Flightbeam airports you already own when using an unregistered GSX on them, would have costed like the full GSX purchase, if you wanted to purchase AES credits to have AES support for them.

skysong

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:55:48 pm »
OK, I just misunderstood the article. I guess this means I will have to purchase the FSDT airports I want to be able to use them. I thought there were maybe 3 of your airports included with the trial version of GSX. I own a full registered version of GSX now. Would I have them included with my recent install and which airports are they? I am just confused as I would like to try your FSDT airports. I know there is a trial version of the FSDT airports, but with a short time to try them. I don't know if 5 mins is enoght time to get the feel for them. Let me know about the try before I buy feature.  Thanks.  This is a great addon for FSX.....

skysong

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:39:58 am »
Anyone know of any sales or promotions on the FSDT airports? I would like to buy a couple of airports to use. Thanks....

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 09:45:03 am »
OK, I just misunderstood the article. I guess this means I will have to purchase the FSDT airports I want to be able to use them. I thought there were maybe 3 of your airports included with the trial version of GSX. I own a full registered version of GSX now.

How do you expect to use fsdt  airports   if  you don't purchase   them,  you can trial them  to see  if they work  on your pc  but will only  work for 5 minutes or   so before it reverts back the the default airport. With gsx  if you purchased  gsx  it will work on every airport  that you have

skysong

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »
OK thanks.

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 04:13:34 pm »
OK thanks.

This is like going and buying a pear of mittens and wondering why the winter jacket isn't included... LOL

pete_auau

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 02:40:04 am »
OK thanks.

This is like going and buying a pear of mittens and wondering why the winter jacket isn't included... LOL

Lol   liked you humour here   a "pear" of   hahahah

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »
I thought there were maybe 3 of your airports included with the trial version of GSX. I own a full registered version of GSX now. Would I have them included with my recent install and which airports are they?

And nowhere we said there are 3 (or any) FSDT airports "included with GSX".  The GSX Trial, which doesn't concerns you anymore since you purchase it the full version, works on 3 airports, none of them from FSDT

1) Default LIML ( Milano Linate )
2) Default or Aerosoft EDDM ( Munich )
3) Default or Flightbeam KSFO ( San Francisco )

In ADDITION to those Trial airports, the GSX Trial will also work on any FSDT or Flightbeam PURCHASED airports, without requiring to register GSX.