Author Topic: GSX disabled after every Addon Manager Update  (Read 2410 times)

canbecerik

GSX disabled after every Addon Manager Update
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:00:42 am »
Hello,

I've noticed a new issue in the past few Addon Manager updates. When I get the addon manager update notification in fsx, I quit FSX and download the new version from the website, then proceed on installing it. However, after the installation is complete, when I run FSX again and start a flight, GSX is not loaded; Couatl menu does not appear on the Addon menu. A reinstall of GSX solves this. However, it becomes an annoyance, especially if I forget to reinstall GSX after addon manager update, then I have to quit FSX again, and load my flight a third time after reinstalling GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX disabled after every Addon Manager Update
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:50:32 pm »
Couatl menu does not appear on the Addon menu. A reinstall of GSX solves this

This indicates one of your VC++ 2005 runtimes libraries on your system is corrupted. The Addon Manager installer uses a slightly different version of the libraries, on the assumption that a case where BOTH are corrupted should be very unlikely so, even if one version has a problem, chances are the other will work, like in your case, the version required by GSX is fine.

Unless you are able to fix the problem yourself, you can just ignore the prompt to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and use the GSX installer IN ITS PLACE. The GSX installer does and contains EVERYTHING the Stand-Alone Addon Manager does and includes, so you can use it in place of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, when prompted.