Author Topic: GSX AND Aerosoft Airbus A319  (Read 6345 times)

hawkeye53

GSX AND Aerosoft Airbus A319
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:48:59 pm »
This is not really a complaint, just a question. Could someone explain why, when loading cargo onto the Aerosoft A319, that only the rear cargo area is loaded. The front cargo door is open, but there are no vehicles there. I have set my passenger load at up to 120, but still only one baggage loader shows up, and there are only two baggage cars at the most, sometimes only one. All my other planes I use with GSX employ both cargo areas. I was just curious to see if anyone would have an explanation for this. I have tried the A318 also, with the same result. Haven't tried the A320 or A321 yet. Thanks in advance for any advice with this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX AND Aerosoft Airbus A319
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:30 am »
Could someone explain why, when loading cargo onto the Aerosoft A319, that only the rear cargo area is loaded.

The configuration for the A318 and A319 has been made like that, because a front loader won't fit together with the catering vehicle, and it would have been too complex to make an exception to the whole servicing structure, and having the loaded go away before the catering, but just with these two airplanes. The ability to disable a door in GSX is there also to handle such cases.

The front cargo door is open, but there are no vehicles there.

The door is open because you decided to open it, but GSX hasn't asked to to open it, because there's no front door configured for this airplane in the default configuration that comes with GSX. Opening a door will trigger the start of a service *after* the vehicle is there, but what decides if a vehicle should be there in the first place, it's the airplane configuration.

I have set my passenger load at up to 120, but still only one baggage loader shows up, and there are only two baggage cars at the most, sometimes only one.

That's an entirely different issue. First, GSX doesn't know anything about the number of passengers as indicated on the Aerosoft Airbus. The estimated number of passengers is always calculated depending on the station load divided by 220 lbs, as explained on the GSX manual.

About the Aerosoft Airbus, it loads cargo in a different way than most airplanes, so you must follow this sequence of operations, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85247.html#msg85247

hawkeye53

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:05:32 pm »
Thank you for the clarification. At least I know now why GSX only uses one cargo door on my Airbus.

omera60

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »
This is not really a complaint, just a question. Could someone explain why, when loading cargo onto the Aerosoft A319, that only the rear cargo area is loaded. The front cargo door is open, but there are no vehicles there. I have set my passenger load at up to 120, but still only one baggage loader shows up, and there are only two baggage cars at the most, sometimes only one. All my other planes I use with GSX employ both cargo areas. I was just curious to see if anyone would have an explanation for this. I have tried the A318 also, with the same result. Haven't tried the A320 or A321 yet. Thanks in advance for any advice with this issue.

Hi hawkeye53,

I would like to clarify something in real world procedure I follow as a ramp agent, when I'm loading a A318/319 I always fill the aft cargo hold first. Let me explain why, in real life A318 and A319 has an angle toward the front, the airplanes aft is higher then it's front, Airbus designed it this way so when you are loading an aircraft usually the front and the back has almost equal amount of PAX sitting so the weight is distributed evenly and aircraft keeps that angle towards the front but when it comes to the Baggage that's when we have to be careful and that's also why they weight your luggage on check-in. I receive the figures and I also know which baggage cart has how many pieces and how much they weight, then I start to distribute them to the compartments aft cargo hold(yes it's also divided there too with specific number codes) but I distribute them in such way that the aircraft won't go out of trim. After loading them, the aircraft almost losses that front angle it has and with a A318/319 usually the back compartment takes all the pieces and I use the front hold to put items that I take at the door of the aircraft like baby cars or the luggage that I think it's overweight for cabin etc. (you won't believe what I have to take down stairs to the cargo compartment, people are really weird :) ). Then we make the final calculations and give the captain the load sheet. Long story short, we don't use the front compartment a lot from maybe 1-2 exception a year... I hope this explains the real life procedure to you :D

Best,
Omer

hawkeye53

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 04:48:14 pm »
Thanks, Omer. That information was extremely helpful.  :-X