Author Topic: GSX Issues  (Read 5182 times)

WozniakJ87

GSX Issues
« on: February 14, 2015, 02:47:45 am »
Hello everyone one!

I recently came across a issue with GSX in my FSX. Not "Steam version" just the "Classic One" :-)..ok so here it goes..I tell GSX to start boarding and everything works great. Loading trucks pull up, stairs pull up when needed, all good. So, here comes the problem. When all boarding is completed and I call for pushback, the menu comes up if I want to de-ice or not, depending on the weather, and then nothing happens. Pushback doesn't start, it doesn't ask me if I want to turn the tail left or right, nothing. To make it work, I have to restart the COUTAL through the FSX Addon menu..any fix for this? Anyone else have this issue? I have already tried re-installing it a few times and nothing. I'm a bit stuck now so need help :-)..thank you!

Best Regards, Jason!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »
First, be sure you have the very latest version. If you just updated the code with Live Update, without updating also the vehicles (as indicated on the release notes and on the forum), it's likely you'll have problems.

If you are not sure, download and install the latest GSX Full installer.

If that doesn't fix it, please, indicate a precise, exact reproduction procedure:

- The airplane used. If it's not a default one, clearly indicate the model and if customized it or not.

- The airport used. If it's not a default one, clearly indicate the scenery, and if you customized it or not.

- The gate used.

- The GSX sequence of operations you chose.

POSSIBLY, try to indicate a case when this happens with a DEFAULT airplane, with a DEFAULT or an FSDT scenery.

hobbseltoff

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 12:02:44 pm »
Not OP but I have had the same issue since upgrading to the newest version. I have seen the issue a couple times but I will answer your questions with the flight I had tonight.

First, be sure you have the very latest version. If you just updated the code with Live Update, without updating also the vehicles (as indicated on the release notes and on the forum), it's likely you'll have problems.

When I updated to the latest version, I completely un-installed GSX and installed the full version from your website.

- The airplane used. If it's not a default one, clearly indicate the model and if customized it or not.

QualityWings 757-200, using a livery with winglets. Not modified.

- The airport used. If it's not a default one, clearly indicate the scenery, and if you customized it or not.

Blueprint KMSP, not modified at all.

- The gate used.

D2. GSX by default thinks this gate is too small for the 757 even though DAL uses it for the 757 R/W so I used the "adjust minimum wingspan" button on the GSX config page to make it fit.

- The GSX sequence of operations you chose.

Loaded FSX. Pre-flighted the aircraft (no GSX services used at this time). Pressed Ctrl+F12. Selected the pushback option, selected no to de-icing, nothing happened (no directional menu). Opened GSX menu again, pushback, yes to de-icing, type I fluid. De-icing occurred but nothing happened after that. Restarted COUTAL via the add-ons menu. Opened GSX menu again, selected pushback, no-deicing, tail to the left. Everything worked perfectly after that.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:04:25 pm by hobbseltoff »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 09:34:38 pm »
Blueprint KMSP, not modified at all.

As I've said in my previous message, try to indicate a case when this happens with a DEFAULT airplane, with a DEFAULT or an FSDT scenery.

The QW757 it's ok too, but since I don't have anything from Blueprint, it would be difficult to reproduce this case, which is the only way to understand if there's a bug with GSX, or it's just a problem with the scenery.

In some cases, a bad AFCAD (misplaced nodes, etc.) might cause this. If you could send me just the scenery AFCAD by email, I might be able to try even without the scenery.

hobbseltoff

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 10:30:57 pm »
I saw, I just don't ever use the default FSX AFCADS if I can help it so I've seen that issue pop up using them. I will try to repro using one though.

Edit: If I repro it using an FSDT scenery, will that work as well?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »
Edit: If I repro it using an FSDT scenery, will that work as well?

That's what I've said all my previous replies:

try to indicate a case when this happens with a DEFAULT airplane, with a DEFAULT or an FSDT scenery.