Author Topic: Questions, brand new user of GSX  (Read 2814 times)

Snidefarthing

Questions, brand new user of GSX
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:10:20 pm »
I installed GSX but didn't buy it, fortunately I have Flightbeam's KSFO so I tried it out there.  I noticed some issues.

There's a lot of forklifts dead center on the taxi lines and my B200 actually crashed into one.

I used the follow me truck and he drove right through a Southwest 737 AI plane.

I tested all the options of fueling, loading & unloading, pushback etc. and they seemed to work fine but since the B200 is so small it didn't take too long.  I haven't tried it with the PMDG NGX.

When they disconnected the tug he drove forwards with the tug in front of him, I used to push planes in real life, that is not how it works. You could never do that, the tow bar would be all over the place.

Am I doing something wrong?  Are there settings to change this behavior?

Nice product but please clarify before I purchase.

Thanks.

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Questions, brand new user of GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:40:25 pm »
There's a lot of forklifts dead center on the taxi lines and my B200 actually crashed into one.

They don't have anything to do with GSX, which doesn't add any forklifts. They are part of the scenery, and you would have crashed into them regardless if you had GSX installed or not.

I used the follow me truck and he drove right through a Southwest 737 AI plane.

GSX vehicles are not aware of the other AI planes.

When they disconnected the tug he drove forwards with the tug in front of him, I used to push planes in real life, that is not how it works. You could never do that, the tow bar would be all over the place.

That's how it's done in GSX.

Am I doing something wrong?  Are there settings to change this behavior?

You are not doing anything wrong and there's nothing to fix. The only GSX "issue" you found about the tow bar not being separated from the tow truck, it's how it is. Maybe future versions will have it.

Snidefarthing

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:44 pm »
Ok, thanks.  First, I wonder why I didn't receive an email notification that you responded?  I se it up in preferences to send me email notifications when some responds to a post.  That's odd.

This looks like a good product to add a lot of realism and immersion to my daily flights.

Best regards and thanks for getting back to me.

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:23:41 am »
Ok, thanks.  First, I wonder why I didn't receive an email notification that you responded?  I se it up in preferences to send me email notifications when some responds to a post.  That's odd.

You also said by email, that you haven't received the forum notification that your forum account was activated so, apparently, your email address has a problem receiving emails from this forum.

Maybe there's an anti-spam filter happening outside your control, which filters out all our emails. Some ISP subscribe to very aggressive anti-spam lists, that sometimes exclude too many legit servers from sending emails, it happened sometimes...