Author Topic: GSX and FlightBeam  (Read 5574 times)

maxsymonds

GSX and FlightBeam
« on: January 10, 2015, 05:43:03 am »
The problem I have had is with GSX vehicles. I activate GSX at the gate and there are no vehicles present even though it's active (it still asks me to open doors) Also I hear people boarding but it only takes one second and it says boarding completed.
I've noticed that this has been happening ever since I installed both FlightBeam KIAD and KDEN. Previously addon manager was causing the FlightBeam buildings to disappear(not because of any anti virus software because I do not have one and also they install fine when GSX isn't around) but I got it fixed and now I am having the GSX issue.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and FlightBeam
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:31:12 am »
I activate GSX at the gate and there are no vehicles present even though it's active (it still asks me to open doors) Also I hear people boarding but it only takes one second and it says boarding completed.

You don't say which airplane you used, because that looks like an issue with trying to use an unsupported airplane.

You don't say which scenery you used and, of the scenery, which gate you used.

I've noticed that this has been happening ever since I installed both FlightBeam KIAD and KDEN.

It's not possible that just installing the sceneries would cause this. Unless you installed the sceneries without an internet connection, or with a program like a firewall/antivirus that was blocking the ability of the Flightbeam installers to download the most updated files, so you might have installed outdated files.

Previously addon manager was causing the FlightBeam buildings to disappear(not because of any anti virus software because I do not have one and also they install fine when GSX isn't around) but I got it fixed and now I am having the GSX issue.

The Addon Manager cannot cause the Flightbeam buildings to disappear, because they are obviously totally and entirely compatible. The Flightbeam sceneries use exactly the SAME version of the Addon Manager and they download it from OUR site, and it's the same used by GSX, of course.

In fact, it's exactly the opposite, if you DON'T have the Addon Manager, all sceneries (FSDT and Flightbeam) will miss their buildings.

The solution to being sure you have all files updated, is to download the CURRENT GSX installer, and install it last. This way, even if some kind of software blocked the download of updates during the installation, since the full GSX installer is always kept current with all the latest files, it should work under any situation.

Of course, you must be sure you are using the current installers from Flightbeam too, but still install the full GSX as last.

maxsymonds

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 05:17:26 pm »
Thanks for the response, it does clarify a lot. So good to know that addon manager isn't causing this.
I have tried with airplanes such as default 737, pmdg 737/777-200/300, aerosoft a139/320 and 321. All of these have been tested in addon fsdt and Flightbeam airports but also default airports such as Austin Bergstrom, Tokyo Narita.
I have installed all the latest installers for all these products.
I noticed (I don't know if maybe there is an antivirus software because I used to have mcafee before it expired a year ago) that GSX has no vehicles. addon manager airports have buildings. But then when I install the stand alone update for addon manager then GSX stays the same, fsdt airports are fine and Flightbeam KIAD and KDEN buildings go missing. (but not KPHX) weird huh?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 06:35:05 pm »
But then when I install the stand alone update for addon manager then GSX stays the same, fsdt airports are fine and Flightbeam KIAD and KDEN buildings go missing. (but not KPHX) weird huh?

Sorry, but it's not possible that installing the Addon Manager would cause a problem only to SOME Flightbeam sceneries. The only possible explanation for this, is THOSE sceneries are not the latest versions. Download and install the current versions from Flightbeam.

About GSX missing vehicles, again, it's not normally possible it will happen if you use the current version of the installer. Is GSX appear to be working ? Do the services starts, but you hear just sounds and the vehicle are invisible ?

If yes, it might be problem with your video drivers or settings, or video memory corruption.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:39:54 pm by virtuali »

maxsymonds

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:16:38 am »
Thanks mate, I realize now that it has nothing to do with addon manager.
I'll try updating my video driver. I'm not sure how to do that though, any tips?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 07:07:23 pm »
I'll try updating my video driver. I'm not sure how to do that though, any tips?

Just download it from the official support site. Sometimes, you might want to try a driver cleaner, like this one:

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html

maxsymonds

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 01:17:03 am »
cheers!