Author Topic: GSX Stops after a "restart couatl or reset position" menu choices  (Read 7318 times)

chmenten

Running WIN 8.1, 9GB memory, FSX Steam Edition.  Have done everything using the install directions.  GSX installs okay and runs okay.....addons menu okay and onscreen menus okay.  BUT if I select RESTART COUATL from the FSX addons menu OR select RESET POSITION from the GSX onscreen menu the couat.exe unloads and does not restart.  To get GSX running again I need to restart FSX.  OR if I restart couatl.exe manually (before using FSX restart)  it starts but the log says "bglmanx busy, waiting" and GSX never restarts.  Other than this the program seems to be as it was when I used it under the FSX boxed editions.  Any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Stops after a "restart couatl or reset position" menu choices
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:54:40 pm »
if I select RESTART COUATL from the FSX addons menu OR select RESET POSITION from the GSX onscreen menu the couat.exe unloads and does not restart.

We know, but we don't have a clear idea why the Restart doesn't work under the FSX Steam Edition, will surely work on this.

charleslee201

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 05:31:59 pm »
Hi   juste to report  i have the same  bug ,  but otherwise perfect .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 06:33:25 pm »
Hi   juste to report  i have the same  bug ,  but otherwise perfect .

Yes, as I've said, it's a known issue, but we don't have any idea why it happens, because it happens on the Steam edition. There's going to be an update for FSX soon, maybe it will be fixed on their side.

chmenten

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:54:48 pm »
Just as an update on this issue...

After updating FSX-SE to the latest (62608) I get a different reaction to "reset couatl or reset position"   Previously just couatl.exe stopped running and FSX main program was okay.....now FSX itself crashes when these selections are made.

Maybe this may be of some insight for you in tracking down this problem.

Regards

havenman

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »
Has this issue been fixed? For me 'restart couatl' still doesn't work and makes 'coutale powered products' disappear from the drop down Add-ons menu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:53:10 pm »
Has this issue been fixed? For me 'restart couatl' still doesn't work and makes 'coutale powered products' disappear from the drop down Add-ons menu

No, it hasn't. We are still looking into it.

sidhantsv

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »
This query is related to the topic .

GSX usually causes FSX:SE To crash and I suppose this is also because of the restart coualt problem.Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 01:55:49 pm »
GSX usually causes FSX:SE To crash and I suppose this is also because of the restart coualt problem.Just wanted to confirm.

GSX doesn't cause a crash to FSX:SE, it's not possible that GSX could crash FSX, because GSX runs entirely external to it.

Yes, the "Restart Couatl" function is currently inoperative, and we are trying to fix it, but this won't cause any problems to FSX itself, you'll only lose the Couatl menu, but FSX will continue normally (without GSX, of course).

So, whatever crash you have in FSX:SE, is not caused by GSX.