Author Topic: Not able to make GSX work  (Read 9426 times)

TH051

Not able to make GSX work
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:00:16 pm »
Dear all,

I recently aquired GSX for fsx, I have all menu, airplane are recognised in couatl sub menu, as well as airport. In the addon manager the product is indicated as Active. After having tried in different airport it turns out to work only in KSFO.

Many thanks for your support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not able to make GSX work
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:03:53 pm »
After having tried in different airport it turns out to work only in KSFO.

It seems you are still in Trial version, but in that case, it should work at LIML and EDDM too. Do you see the Trial message when you start on any other airport, suggesting to warp at any of those 3 airports ?

TH051

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:37:06 pm »
Thanks for you answer, I have made further test (Lppt, KJFK; LFPG) and sometime it works some time not ( apparently depending on the door used), but I do not see the logical behind that

TH051

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 03:02:35 pm »
By the way I use the french version of FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 08:09:12 pm »
Thanks for you answer, I have made further test (Lppt, KJFK; LFPG) and sometime it works some time not ( apparently depending on the door used), but I do not see the logical behind that

Your explanation is not very clear, but it seems you are trying to use an unsupported airplane, without having made a configuration for it.

TH051

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 08:37:55 pm »
I do not Know whether my explanation are clear or not,  I Just Know That I have bought a piece of software That is not stable.  I have mode all my test With pmdg 777-200. Apparently Gsx Works at some Doors and not at others (could you please confirmer ?).  Is there some specifics customisation ?  Are you sure there is no issues With the French version of FSX

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 08:49:00 pm »
I do not Know whether my explanation are clear or not

It's wasn't.

I Just Know That I have bought a piece of software That is not stable.

You don't. The software is very stable, and of course you can verify it is before purchasing it, because there's a TRIAL.

I have mode all my test With pmdg 777-200. Apparently Gsx Works at some Doors and not at others (could you please confirmer ?). 

The PMDG 777 is an internally supported airplane, so it doesn't require any customization on your side, and it works with all doors, and nobody ever reported a problem with it.

Those that had problems in the past, were all caused because they tried to configure it themselves as soon as the airplane came out BEFORE we added support for it, which happened a couple of days after the PMDG 777 was released so, those that had already customized it manually before internal support for it was added, had to remove their customizations.

So, the only possible reason I can think of that GSX works on some doors, but not others, is that you tried to configure it, and made some kind of mistake.

Since there's no need to customize the PMDG 777, you can try to use the "RESET" button on the GSX airplane configuration page, so it will revert to the default configuration that comes with GSX, Undoing any possible changes you made.

If still doesn't work, then clearly specify what do you mean with "Works at some Doors and not at others". What happens when it "doesn't work" ? But report about this only AFTER you RESET the configuration to remove any changes you might have made to it.

Are you sure there is no issues With the French version of FSX

Nobody ever reported them before, and I can't see why there should be any issues with it, we have users with the Japanese version, and they use it just fine.

TH051

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 09:04:13 pm »
If it would have been stable l would not have spend hours trying to understand,  What happened !! Finally,  if you are ready to discuss in French it could give more clarity as English is not my native language

That being said,  at some Airport Doors,  I have acces to gsx options via (schift W),  at some others I Just get a beep

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:02 pm »
If it would have been stable l would not have spend hours trying to understan

This doesn't have anything to do with the GSX supposed "instability" (which doesn't exist), but most likely, your not complete understanding of how it works, which seems normal, since they manual is in English only, which you said yourself you don't understand too well.

Finally,  if you are ready to discuss in French it could give more clarity as English is not my native language

English is not mine native language too, and this is an English forum. In any case, I can't write in French, sorry.

That being said,  at some Airport Doors,  I have acces to gsx options via (schift W)

What do you mean with "airport doors" ? You mean the airport gates ? Or the *Airplane* doors ?

Shift+W is not used by GSX, have you changed the GSX key to be Shift+W ? If yes, that key is USED by FSX to cycle back the 2D instrument panel view mode, so you can't use it for GSX. Reset it back to default (CTRL+Shift+F12) with the Key Mapping menu under the "Couatl powered products", to undo your mistake.

at some others I Just get a beep

No, you don't get just a beep, if GSX is waiting for a door to be opened, it displays a message in addition to the beep. Which one ?

TH051

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 10:22:41 pm »
I mean airport gate,  at some gate gsx works fine,  and at others I just get a beep with no message at all.  I will restate to schift f12 tomorrow and will let you know the outcome

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 10:28:38 pm »
and at others I just get a beep with no message at all

That's because you changed the default "verbosity" slider in GSX to remove all message ? Restore it to default, so you can see the message. There IS a reason why it's enabled by default...

I will restate to schift f12 tomorrow and will let you know the outcome

It's not Shift+F12, it's CTRL+Shift+F12. And in any case, restore the default verbosity slider to maximum, so you will see WHY the "beep" happened.

TH051

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 09:41:06 am »
I have move back the GSX Key to Ctrl+shift+F12, but this has not changed anything and still not able to get GSX work. THis key adjustment was the only modification I made and therefore verbosity slider was and is at maximum.

When I press ctrl+schift+F12 (airplane : PMDG, with parking break and engine off) and get in return a "dong" with no message!!

TH051

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »
I have still tried to understand what happenend today and discover that  :
1 -Direct X10 activation, desactivate the messages line (green line) that is why I was not able to see them
2 -this issue seems to be linked with the size of the door used for the aircraft nevertheless a small gate is not accepted for A318 in KJFK (I832) whereas it is accepted in LFPG (F80)

Could you let me have the logical?

Thanks

TH051

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »
When I say small door,  you should read small gate

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:50 pm »
I have move back the GSX Key to Ctrl+shift+F12, but this has not changed anything and still not able to get GSX work

If you get the "dong" message, it means GSX IS WORKING. It's just trying to tell you it can't work on THAT parking for some reason, but you can't see the reason, because you don't see the message.

When I press ctrl+schift+F12 (airplane : PMDG, with parking break and engine off) and get in return a "dong" with no message!!

I'm sorry, but the only reason why you would hear the "dong", but not see any message, is that you put down the Verbosity slider in GSX.

If you are sure it's all the way up, and you still don't see the message, the only possible reason I can think of, is that ANOTHER add-on is in some way interfering with the green window message.

Are you running FSX Full Screen ? With some bugged video drivers and/or wrong settings/tweaks in your FSX.CFG, we had a couple of reports of the standard green message line disappearing.

Try to put FSX in Windowed mode, and see if you have the text message line now.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:51:12 am by virtuali »