Author Topic: JFK V2 ground textures not working  (Read 18372 times)

rondon9897

JFK V2 ground textures not working
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »
Hi guys,

I haven't used JFK for a long time and was going to do a flight today bt the ground textures area a total mess. They just look like a google map image and not proper ground textures. I've tried KIAH as well, but that works completely normally. I did also install the Drzwiecki (??) New York airports, is there some kind of conflict? I've uninstalled the D New York airports but still no joy. Can anyone help?

Cheers
John
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w405/exproair/2014-12-31_13-13-13-18_zps56e0ba39.png

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w405/exproair/2014-12-31_12-40-7-242_zpse322c9f9.png
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:55:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 ground textures not working
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 04:57:25 pm »
I did also install the Drzwiecki (??) New York airports, is there some kind of conflict? I've uninstalled the D New York airports but still no joy. Can anyone help?

The first thing to try is to:

- Uninstall JFK V2.

- Reinstall using the current installer on our site.

- Be sure it stays on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default, but this might change if you install another scenery.

- Don't manually move ANY folder belonging to JFK, for example on another drive, because nothing will work if you do, even if you manually relink it with the Scenery Library. Everything must stay where the installers places it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:59:24 pm by virtuali »

rondon9897

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »
No this has not worked unfortunately. Why isn't it doing the same for KIAH? That's working fine. I've uninstalled the D New York files, uninstalled FSDT, reinstalled as you've said with no anti-virus on and still no ground textures. To be honest, I remember this problem the very first time I did an approach into JFK after buying this, so it's never worked properly (even before I got the D New York airports). What can be causing this? If it doesn't work, is there an option to uninstall my JFK and swap for another FSDT airport? Because if KIAH works perfectly, I presume all the others should. This is most peculiar.

rondon9897

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 11:44:05 am »
I hate to be insistent but is there no cure to this? I have now completely deleted all traces of the D New York files but still no joy.

I think I have FSGenesis mesh installed could that be a problem?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:47:38 am by rondon9897 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 11:56:15 pm »
No this has not worked unfortunately

Of course, since it wasn't a JFK problem to begin with, but as reported by this user a couple of post below:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11348.0.html

It seems to be caused by an incomplete uninstall of the Dzrewicki scenery

rondon9897

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:53:55 pm »
I'm really sorry Umberto but those steps haven't worked I really think the problem lies solely with KJFK V2. Is there really no solution? Have you never come across this before? As far as I can see, it would seem that the ground textures are transparent and what I'm seeing are the FTX Global textures underneath. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 08:00:18 pm »
I really think the problem lies solely with KJFK V2

No, it's not.

Is there really no solution?

Finding and acting on the scenery that is causing the conflict.

Have you never come across this before?

Yes, and in that case it was caused by the Dzrewicki scenery not fully removed.

As far as I can see, it would seem that the ground textures are transparent.

The textures are not transparent, they are probably there in their correct place , but another scenery is probably setting a different ground altitude and so the mesh terrain is covering the airport textures. Sometimes even a few centimeters of difference might be enough to be visible.

what I'm seeing are the FTX Global textures underneath

Have you tried disabling the scenery in the Scenery Library ?

rondon9897

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »
Yes I've removed the Dzwieicki files, I've removed every trace of any JFK file not associated with FSDT KJFK V2, I've reinstalled KJFK, KIAH, GSX, COATL and the addon manager, i've deactivated the new york default scenery, i've activated it again, i've activated it with nothing else in the scenery library activated and nothing works. i know it's a fault with the scenery because when i restart Coatl, the awful mushy ground textures go away and I get the ordinary FTX Global base scenery underneath. When it comes back on, the horrid mushy ground textures return. in fairness, i did have this problem before i installed the drzwiecki new york stuff and i wish i had reported it then but i haven't . looks like i'm lumped with an expensive scenery that doesn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 11:09:20 pm »
Yes I've removed the Dzwieicki files

That's not what I've asked in my last message. I said if you have tried disabling the FTX Global base scenery instead.

rondon9897

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 11:11:06 pm »
yes tried that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 11:14:56 pm »
yes tried that

Than why you said "when i restart Coatl, the awful mushy ground textures go away and I get the ordinary FTX Global base scenery underneath". What you get, instead, with NO FTX enabled ?

rondon9897

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 11:24:34 pm »
Well the default base texture, presumably. I can't really tell the difference between FTX Global and default FSX at close range. Either way, the mushy ground textures are on top of the base global textures underneath.

rondon9897

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 02:07:06 pm »
Just as an update, I've done a clean install of FSX and this still isn't working. KIAH works absolutely fine so as there are seemingly no answers to this, is there a mechanism by which I can swap for another FSDT airport or get a refund? As my JFK is now useless.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »
Just as an update, I've done a clean install of FSX and this still isn't working

That's not possible. Your FSX reinstall is very likely not clean. If you haven't removed ALL this folders before reinstalling:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
%Programdata%\Microsoft\FSX

And you haven't manually removed the FSX too folder too, then your reinstallation is not a clean reinstall.

KIAH works absolutely fine so as there are seemingly no answers to this, is there a mechanism by which I can swap for another FSDT airport or get a refund? As my JFK is now useless.

No refund, the problem must be found and fixed, we can have a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system and find what's wrong with it. Contact me with a PM to arrange that.

rondon9897

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 10:37:05 am »
Did you get my PM Umberto? Would be great to arrange this and get it sorted.