Author Topic: Captain Sim CS_B737-200  (Read 4467 times)

Terry

Captain Sim CS_B737-200
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for approving my forum application.

I am currently trying out the GSX 1.9 version of your Ground Services software.
It is really damn good :) And it brings an extra level of realism to FSX. Love the de-icers. Really cool.

I have a couple of questions :-

1) As the title suggests I have searched for mention of Captain Sim CS_B737-200 aircraft on these forums and can find nothing.
    Do you have any plans to include the 737 at any time ?  I tried using the ground crew on it and obviously it isn't setup for it. (It is my favorite airplane to fly)

2) I love the moving people modelling you have done - Is there any way to get passengers walking out of the bus when boarding in progress ?
    That would be awesome.

I just about to purchase this brilliant software in the next few days. Liked your page on Facebook.
Was hoping to find some kind of discount code. (January sales) lol.

All the best.
Terry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Captain Sim CS_B737-200
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:29:54 am »
Do you have any plans to include the 737 at any time ?  I tried using the ground crew on it and obviously it isn't setup for it. (It is my favorite airplane to fly)

I didn't knew they had a 737...we cannot possibly track each and every add-on out there, so we can only gather suggestions from uses. In any case, for a BASIC GSX usage, you CAN create a configuration file for any unsupported airplane using the included airplane configuration editor.

This will allow you to get going. Captain Sim usually have custom variables for all doors, and these might be a more complex to figure it out but, in the mean time, you can just set doors to Ignore any checks, so GSX will service them without waiting if they are open, which means you'll have to be careful to open them before calling a GSX service, otherwise you'll have servicing crew and luggage passing through the buikheads.

2) I love the moving people modelling you have done - Is there any way to get passengers walking out of the bus when boarding in progress ? That would be awesome.

This has been asked, discussed and answered so many times, that we also had it highlighted in the manual, in a big, bold, blue box...

The problem is not so much doing the animated characters, but it's more like we don't know if FSX can handle it, with the biggest limitation probably being the very limited amount of free VAS (memory) due to the fact that FSX is a 32 bit program and users like to stuff it with too many add-ons at the same time in the same area and/or are not willing to compromise with graphic settings, so we are already in the situation where a complex airplane on a detailed airport is barely fitting in memory without crashing, even without visible passengers, and adding them won't surely improve this.

Maybe, after Prepar3D will go to 64 bit, we might have a better chance at it.

I just about to purchase this brilliant software in the next few days. Liked your page on Facebook. Was hoping to find some kind of discount code. (January sales) lol.

The Facebook coupon discount is always valid, it's just you can use it only once:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10099.0.html

Terry

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 01:26:47 pm »
Thank you for your reply. Although you come across as very 'brusk'. Slightly impolite.  ???
But I put that down to a difference of culture and maybe English is not your first language.

I am surprised no one has asked or mentioned CaptainSims excellent 737-200.
Is it possible to get it added ?

Thank you for the explanation regarding passengers. I missed the 'BIG BLUE BOX' am afraid, as I didn't
read all the manual.  However, now that I have purchased the product, (Because it really is great) I will be sure to.

Meanwhile I shall - as you suggested - have a play to see if I can make this work on the CaptainSim Boeing 737.

Cheers.
Terry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:04 pm »
Thank you for your reply. Although you come across as very 'brusk'. Slightly impolite.  ???

I couldn't find any trace of it (and never heard the "brusk" word before...), but you already figured it out why...

But I put that down to a difference of culture and maybe English is not your first language.

Sure it's not...I'm Italian living in Switzerland, which is has 3 official languages, one less-official, with a national variation of german and none of them is English, so yes, that's maybe the reason.

I am surprised no one has asked or mentioned CaptainSims excellent 737-200.
Is it possible to get it added ?

We'll try that. Yes, I don't think anybody asked for it before here, also because the GSX airplane configuration editor allows anyone to create a configuration for any supported airplane, so maybe those interested in it made the configuration themselves.

In fact, searching the Sharing Area section of the forum, another user HAS created a config for it, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6953.0.html

Can't vouch for its accuracy, it has been made by another forum user that decided to share it here.

Terry

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 01:49:31 pm »
Hi again.

Thank you for the quick reply and the link to the config file for the CS737-200 Boeing.

You sure do have a good product here.

I used to be a Senior Manager at the largest corporation in the UK. I graduated from University in 1994 with Computer Sciences.
My team supported major systems used by our many internal customers.
After 15 years I had to retire to due heart problems. I too got sick and tired of the same old questions being asked, when we had spent many hours
putting together concise user manuals. Plus the same mistakes being made by people for the same reasons.

So, I do understand why maybe you feel the same way lol.

No worries. Thanks again.
Cheers
Terry

Midnight Music

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 09:02:08 pm »
Regarding the user configs for the CS 737-200, do not use them, they are inaccurate. What I have found is you leave it alone and GSX figures out the right stairs etc. on its own just fine. Those aircraft are serviced nicely with the most recently updated version of GSX.

Lee