Author Topic: Pushback doesn't work even though all other services complete P3D  (Read 16526 times)

acra24

Re: Pushback doesn't work even though all other services complete P3D
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »
Thanks again Umberto.  Sorry for the hassle but your customer service is A1.

Andrew

daffy157

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:23 am »
Hi Umberto,

I'm new but have a similar issue but slightly nuanced. I re-installed aerosoft a318/a319, updated new FS-Dream Team manager and updated the latest vehicles. Then rebooted, defragg'd, rebooted and then found that all my GSX works normally apart from the tow truck seems to be underground. The person walks next to the plane fine but the actual truck is either not there or just noticeable but submerged.

All other actions work fine but the vanished tow truck. I've completely uninstalled and then done a full reinstall and it still isn't there.

Any pointers greatly appreciated,

Daf.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:48 pm »
all my GSX works normally apart from the tow truck seems to be underground. The person walks next to the plane fine but the actual truck is either not there or just noticeable but submerged.

This can't be a GSX problem, which places all vehicles on ground, it must be some problem with the scenery mesh.

Or, it might also be a problem with the video settings, try to delete your FSX.CFG in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, so FSX will recreate a new one from scratch. Only use the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else.

acra24

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »
Hi Umberto

Unfortunately it is happening again to me.  I haven't changed anything.  The only updates applied were the latest hotfix for the AXE.  I saved the log and err files immediately after the event and have uploaded them for you. 

Thanks

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »
Unfortunately it is happening again to me.  I haven't changed anything.  The only updates applied were the latest hotfix for the AXE.  I saved the log and err files immediately after the event and have uploaded them for you.

Your Couatl.ERR file doesn't show any errors in months.

Your Couatl.LOG file shows you customized the airport so, of course, the first obvious solution would be REMOVING your customization file, and see if it works with no customization, maybe you made some kind of error when customizing the scenery.

acra24

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I don't remember customising any airports, I don't have the tools to do that. I'll reinstall my departure airport to see if that works.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 10:21:29 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I don't remember customising any airports, I don't have the tools to do that

You customized it in GSX, for sure. See your Log file, you are using a custom .INI file, and it tells you where it is.

I'll reinstall my departure airport to see if that works.

I haven't said anything about reinstalling the airport. I said to remove the GSX .INI file you made for it. Your Couatl.LOG file shows its actual location. Remove it when FSX is not running.

acra24

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 01:39:55 pm »
Hi again

Ok, I removed all the custom ini files mentioned in the log and then started P3D. Once again when I came to the pushback it didn't happen, this was at FSDT LSGG.  So I decided to remove all the ini files from the GSX folder and then reinstall the latest GSX and Standalone manager because they were a version newer than mine. When I restarted P3D the pushback worked normally so I thought it was fixed. Now I have come to do a turnaround at LIPE (MK studios for P3D) and everything worked normally until pushback when the same thing happened again. I had to restart to get pushback.  The ini file for LIPE in the GSX folder is called lipe-dxgww7.ini.

I'm assuming that I have done something very wrong, so sorry if I have.

I have attached the log and err files again.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 01:44:47 pm »
Now I have come to do a turnaround at LIPE (MK studios for P3D) and everything worked normally until pushback when the same thing happened again. I had to restart to get pushback.  The ini file for LIPE in the GSX folder is called lipe-dxgww7.ini.

I'm sorry, but you should really try to report a reproducible case on a default scenery or an FSDT scenery, the .INI file is not enough to understand what might be wrong, without looking at the scenery itself.

acra24

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 07:57:33 pm »
You're right.  In my haste I used non-default :-[. I will fly between two FSDT airports tomorrow and report back.

acra24

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 01:04:55 pm »
Hi Umberto

Ok, I ran a flight at FSDT KJFK just now and the same problem happened. I have attached the two files zipped together.

I use cfg editor before each time I fly to ensure that only my departure and arrival airports are activated. Could that have anything to do with it?

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 01:38:42 pm »
Ok, I ran a flight at FSDT KJFK just now and the same problem happened. I have attached the two files zipped together.

Please indicate the gate you used at JFK. And, if you remember, the sequence of the operations you selected in GSX.

I use cfg editor before each time I fly to ensure that only my departure and arrival airports are activated. Could that have anything to do with it?

You should never do this for FSDT sceneries. Keep them always on, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11037.msg85275.html#msg85275

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:41:32 pm by virtuali »

acra24

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 02:08:59 pm »
Hi Umberto

It was gate 510 (JetBlue pier). I was set up in an AXE A320 using FS2Crew, with electrical power attached but APU off. I used the editor to customise the properties for the gate, i.e. set pushback to both, baggage loaders to conveyor belts and increased the left & right radii to 23 and 24 meters. I also selected the parking has jetway, disable staircases and passenger bus.
I then called for refuelling (No catering for JetBlue), then about 8 minutes later I called for boarding, which completed normally and the conveyor belt trucks moved off. Once FS2Crew closed my doors and removed the jetway I called for the pushback. Nothing happened except the options window disappeared. I called for pushback again, still nothing. The (JetBlue) tug was there but it didn't move. It was then that I paused P3D and copied and saved the log and err files. I resumed my flight and used the reset option, called for pushback and the pushback proceeded normally. Let me know if you need any more data.

Thanks for heads up on the cfg editor. I will activate the sceneries after this flight.

Andrew
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:10:30 pm by acra24 »

acra24

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 02:09:55 pm »
Hi again

This is still happening to me. I have attached the latest err and log file for your information.  I was parked at gate F7 of KFLL and the same thing happened, I went through all of the services and then it stalled when I pressed the pushback option. Nothing happened until I reset Couatl. Do you have any idea what the problem may be yet?

Thanks
Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 10:08:55 pm »
Please indicate a precise, exact, reproducible case, on a default airport or an FSDT airport, possibly with a default airplane and with NO other 3rd party program in use.