Author Topic: GSX and Addon on manager not working  (Read 7225 times)

MrSpeaker

GSX and Addon on manager not working
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »
GSX and addon manager not working, I have  tried a clean install of GSX and standalone addon manager,  nothing works, if I click any settings from the drop  down menu  in fsx  nothing happens ie addon manager, or the coulte products options. I just dont know what to do anymore. my err file say this

couatl v2.0 (build 2356)
panic log started on Wed Feb 05 16:18:39 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 327, in customizeAirport
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 57, in onExit
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 51, in commitParking
  File "couatl\GSX\airportCustomization.py", line 622, in saveCustomizations
RuntimeError: Airport object non longer available
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Addon on manager not working
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:05:40 pm »
GSX and addon manager not working, I have  tried a clean install of GSX and standalone addon manager,  nothing works, if I click any settings from the drop  down menu  in fsx  nothing happens ie addon manager, or the coulte products options. I just dont know what to do anymore. my err file say this

You .err file is from February 2014, so it's not relevant.

If you are missing BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu, these are all the known solutions to it, try them all, don't skip any step:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

MrSpeaker

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:14:11 pm »
No they are not missing, they just dont work, if I try to click on any options in the addon manger or coulte powered  products , nothing happens and GSX  does not work. If I load the default free flight(the trike) the addon manager and coulte menus work.but as soon as I load up my pmdg 777 or 737 the menus will not  work anymore, neither will gsx. I have  uninstalled and reinstalled the 2005C++ runtimes, I have repaired  my  simconnect, and have uninstalled gsx and reinstalled it. I cannot for  the life of me figure this one out. I use  PMDG,ASN,OPUS for camera effects, this just started happening after the addon manger prompted me for an update.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:36:02 pm »
If I load the default free flight(the trike) the addon manager and coulte menus work.but as soon as I load up my pmdg 777 or 737 the menus will not  work anymore, neither will gsx.

Ok, now your description of the problem seem to be more precise, so it's not "GSX and Addon on manager not working", it's more like "Calling the PMDG menu cause the FSDT menus stop working".

The most likely cause it's a problem with your VC++ runtimes libraries, which is triggered by the PMDG using another version of those libraries. When a normal Windows installation works, they are DESIGNED to work alongside each one, but if something happens in your system, the Side-by-side system that allows two programs using different version of the VC++ libraries to work together, might not work correctly and conflicts will happen.

As explained in all forum threads about this, there's no automatic or easy way to fix these things, we intentionally use the same major version as FSX itself ( the VC++ 2005 ), for the precise reason to MINIMIZE conflicts, but other developers using more recent versions for their own modules, might cause strange incompatibilities between major versions, and it's not possible to anticipate which version will eventually fail on anyone's system. We obviously launch the official MS installer that installs these libraries, but unfortunately that installer is not capable to fix every problem.

Which is why, the full installers (GSX, or the sceneries) use slightly different versions of the VC++ runtimes, hoping that at least ONE of them is not missing/corrupted/conflicting in your system.

So, as explained in other forum threads about this:

- If you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER GSX or a scenery, as the last thing you do, and this doesn't work, it means the version of the VC++ runtime library missing/corrupted/conflicting in your system is the one used by the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, so the solution in this case is to INSTALL GSX LAST

- If, instead, you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager BEFORE GSX or a scenery, and this doesn't work, it means the version of the VC++ runtime library missing/corrupted/conflicting in your system is the one used by the Full installers so the solution in this case is to INSTALL THE Stand-Alone Addon Manager LAST

MrSpeaker

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 02:22:00 am »
I don't know what's going on. If I start fsx and load a simple msfs aircraft things seem to work fine. But if I load a pmdg aircraft gsx does not work. All the options in the addon menu do not function and my trackir does not work. I have tried everything you suggested. I'm not even sure if it's a problem with your software. I just assumed because this just started happening after updating gsx. If you have any other suggestions please advise. This really has me stumped. Lol
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 10:57:40 am »
I'm not even sure if it's a problem with your software.

You said yourself it happens only if you open another menu from another product, so it's clearly NOT a problem with our software. It's NOBODY'S "fault", but it's obviously a conflict between the VC++ libraries in your system, that manifests only when two addons try to use them at the same time, so the Side-by-Side system that is supposed to allow this, is not playing correctly.

But if I load a pmdg aircraft gsx does not work. All the options in the addon menu do not function

As I've said, try this:

- If you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER GSX or a scenery, as the last thing you do, and this doesn't work, it means the version of the VC++ runtime library missing/corrupted/conflicting in your system is the one used by the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, so the solution in this case is to INSTALL GSX LAST

- If, instead, you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager BEFORE GSX or a scenery, and this doesn't work, it means the version of the VC++ runtime library missing/corrupted/conflicting in your system is the one used by the Full installers so the solution in this case is to INSTALL THE Stand-Alone Addon Manager LAST

MrSpeaker

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
Its everything in the addon menu that does not work, fsuipc, the fsdt addon manager and the gsx options that don't function. Plus GSX and my trackir don'work. This all happened after updating GSX thats the last thing i did before my pc started all this.. I have tried what you suggested but it does not work. But I did notice after removing everything to do with FSUIPC in my modules folder everything works(trackir, opus, gsx, plus everything in the menu...) Could it be possible that something in the new version of gsx is interfering with fsuipc.? I went on there forums aswell looking for a solution. If you have any insight in to this fsuipc problem please let me know. I appreciate your help.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 11:21:38 am »
Its everything in the addon menu that does not work, fsuipc, the fsdt addon manager and the gsx options that don't function. Plus GSX and my trackir don'work. This all happened after updating GSX thats the last thing i did before my pc started all this.

I'm sorry, but you can underline it, putting it bold or enlarge the font, but this is NOT the issue. If you have lost the WHOLE Addons menu, it can be caused by the following things:

- A problem with your DLL.XML that has been corrupted. This might happen only in 2 cases:

1) Trying to edit by hand, and making some kind of mistake, rendering the whole file useless.

2) A faulty installer that corrupted it somehow. Our installers don't do this, because they use ONLY the official MS standard library to parse and modify the DLL.XML, and nobody ever reported a problem with XML files being corrupted "just" by running our installers (although it's a very common issue caused by *other* 3rd-party installers), so you can exclude this

- A problem with the Simconnect library went corrupted/missing. Since our installers don't change or install anything related to Simconnect, you can exclude this too

- A problem with your VC++ runtime libraries, which are required by both FSX and any 3rd party add-on that use Simconnect. Our installer DO run the official MS installer for those library as part of the installation, to ensure you have the required version. While the official MS installer cannot "fix" every pre-existing problem, we are not aware that just *running* it could CAUSE a problem to the VC++ libraries, which would in turn cause all modules to fail, but even we haven't had any reports of this, it's probably something that might happen.

Could it be possible that something in the new version of gsx is interfering with fsuipc.? I went on there forums aswell looking for a solution. If you have any insight in to this fsuipc problem please let me know.

There's nothing in GSX that could affect FSUIPC, and surely nothing in the new version. GSX doesn't require, use, install, affect or is affected by FSUIPC in any way.

However, since BOTH programs use the MS VC++ libraries, BOTH can be affected by a problem with them that is happening on YOUR SYSTEM. Since we cannot possibly anticipate which version of the VC++ library has failed in your system (there are many installed, and this IS normal), we distribute two versions of the Addon Manager .DLL, compiled with slightly different sub-builds of the VC++ libraries, hopefully at least one of them would work in your system.

THAT'S why I told you to try to exchange the installation order between the Addon Manager and GSX.

However, now that you are saying you lost the WHOLE Addons menu, the issue seems to be more complex than just one build of the VC++ libraries being corrupted.

As I've said in my previous reply, these are all the known solutions to it, try them all, don't skip any step:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

If you REALLY took all these steps already (all of them?) then it's best if you contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system and see what's wrong with it.

MrSpeaker

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I will try again, if I can't get it going we can get a teamviewer session going in the new year. I appreciate the help. 
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

MrSpeaker

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 06:12:39 pm »
It seems to me like fsuipc is blocking all simconnect connections. ASN no longer connects to fsx aswell. Pete Dowson seems to be away. If you have insight on this please let me know.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

MrSpeaker

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 01:17:58 am »
Have you ever heard of this. With the fsuipc module installed my asn will not connect. Gsx won't work opus and trackir will not work and I just realized my ch yoke and pedals do not work. If I remove fsuipc everything works again. I have unistalled simconnect. All the c plus libraries. I have no clue. Pete the author of fsuipc seems to be away. Just wondering if you have ever seen fsuipc block everything from working.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 08:48:01 pm »
Just wondering if you have ever seen fsuipc block everything from working.

Well, no, never heard of it, but at least, since none of our products requires FSUIPC, if you disable FSUIPC until this issue is fixed (assuming there's really a problem with it), you can still use any FSDT product, because they only requires Simconnect to be working.

MrSpeaker

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:54 pm »
Well my problem is fixed :) After days of scouring the fsuipc forum while Pete is away I found a suggestion that it might be a corrupted wxstationlist.bin file, this  will total mess fsuipc up, deleted the file now everything is back to normal. Just a heads up to those with issues, this scenario prevented so many things from working, including gsx.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3