Author Topic: Buildings gone after FSX Steam Edition Install  (Read 11291 times)

X-_-Pilot9

Buildings gone after FSX Steam Edition Install
« on: December 27, 2014, 06:30:34 am »
Hello,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this so i'll put it here.

I bought FSX Steam Edition (For shits and giggles), I already have FSX Gold Edition with all my stuff installed on it.

Well needless to say, after the install of FSX Steam Edition (Keep in mind, FSX Gold Edition was still installed) none of my buildings for any FSDT airport or Flight Beam show up. I see jetways and runway textures but nothing else.

Everything but Coatl and Addon Manager are gone from my Add-ons menu.

I have exhausted every solution I know. I have re installed the scenery's with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings gone after FSX Steam Edition Install
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:25:22 pm »
I bought FSX Steam Edition (For shits and giggles), I already have FSX Gold Edition with all my stuff installed on it.

Well needless to say, after the install of FSX Steam Edition (Keep in mind, FSX Gold Edition was still installed) none of my buildings for any FSDT airport or Flight Beam show up. I see jetways and runway textures but nothing else.

Your description of the problem is not very clear. FROM WHICH FSX installation you are missing the sceneries ? The standard FSX, or the Steam version ?

If you "just" installed FSX Steam edition, it's not possible that "just" installing that one, would cause problems to your existing FSX installation.

If you installed FSX Steam edition and expect your existing FSDT/Flightbeam sceneries would work into it by just copying or moving files, they won't. You MUST download again all their CURRENT installers, and install all of them, one by one, in the FSX Steam edition.

X-_-Pilot9

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:45:19 pm »
Let me clarify. I know what you are saying. I've been in FS for years and I am aware that you cant just copy files.

I installed FSX Steam Edition just for fun. When I installed FSX Steam Edition, the regular FSX Gold Edition was still installed as well.

Ever since installing FSX Steam Edition, my buildings for FSDT/Flightbeam Scenerys are gone in FSX Gold Edition. Every thing else seems to work fine. I have ran the Flight1 Registry fixer but with no success.

Nothing else at all has been added to FSX Gold Edition since the install of FSX Steam Edition. This is what leads me to believe the problem is caused by installed FSX Steam Edition

Here is a screenshot of FSX Gold Edition with the buildings missing at KLAS. http://puu.sh/dLH89/de8b40424e.jpg

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:49:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:53:24 pm »
Ever since installing FSX Steam Edition, my buildings for FSDT/Flightbeam Scenerys are gone in FSX Gold Edition. Every thing else seems to work fine. I have ran the Flight1 Registry fixer but with no success.

And you haven't run ANY of the FSDT installer after installing FSX Steam ? So, are you saying that JUST by installing FSX Steam Edition, you lose the FSDT sceneries under the standard FSX ?

If this is the case, it's basically not possible, perhaps it happened for another reason that by coincidence it happened when you installed the FSX Steam Edition, so you associated the two facts.

Do you still have the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ? The "Addons" menu of the regular FSX version, of course.

X-_-Pilot9

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 04:11:51 am »
And you haven't run ANY of the FSDT installer after installing FSX Steam ? So, are you saying that JUST by installing FSX Steam Edition, you lose the FSDT sceneries under the standard FSX ?

I updated GSX on the regular FSX AFTER the install of FSX Steam Edition. That is the only installer I ran after the install of FSX Steam Edition.

Do you still have the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ? The "Addons" menu of the regular FSX version, of course.

Yes, Addon Manager and Couatl Powered Products are still listed in the Add-Ons menu in regular FSX. But it seems all the other options that used to be under Add-ons in regular FSX are gone. But those two are still there.

I uninstalled FSDT KLAS and re installed it on FSX regular hoping to see buildings but no luck.

Also, looking in addon manager to see if the products are active, I see the following "ACTIVE but not installed in the scenery Library". So I removed the FDST KLAX V2 from my scenery library and added it back the proper way but it still says the same message. Heres a picture: http://puu.sh/dM2Hp/a5a6b50fd5.png
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:20:17 am by X-_-Pilot9 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 11:36:30 am »
I updated GSX on the regular FSX AFTER the install of FSX Steam Edition. That is the only installer I ran after the install of FSX Steam Edition.

This doesn't say much. What do you mean "updated" ? Using the Live Update ? Using the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ? Using the vehicle update installer ? Using the full GSX installer ?

Yes, Addon Manager and Couatl Powered Products are still listed in the Add-Ons menu in regular FSX. But it seems all the other options that used to be under Add-ons in regular FSX are gone. But those two are still there.

Please clarify what do you mean with "all the other options". Do you have ONLY the "Addon Manager" and "Couatl Powered Products" and nothing else ? That wouldn't be a problem to any of our products, just that OTHER (non FSDT) add-ons might not work anymore, but this is of course totally unrelated to our installers.

Or, do you mean you don't have "other options" UNDER the "Couatl Powered Products" ?

Also, looking in addon manager to see if the products are active, I see the following "ACTIVE but not installed in the scenery Library". So I removed the FDST KLAX V2 from my scenery library and added it back the proper way but it still says the same message

There's NO NEED to install a scenery area manually, if the installer couldn't do it, either there was a problem with your scenery.cfg, but you should have seen an error message while installing. If you haven't, maybe it's something else, like the Compatibility mode enabled for FSX with the scenery.cfg located in a different place than normal.

X-_-Pilot9

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 08:01:38 pm »
This doesn't say much. What do you mean "updated" ? Using the Live Update ? Using the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ? Using the vehicle update installer ? Using the full GSX installer ?

GSX was updated to the latest version using the FULL GSX Installer.

Please clarify what do you mean with "all the other options". Do you have ONLY the "Addon Manager" and "Couatl Powered Products" and nothing else ? That wouldn't be a problem to any of our products, just that OTHER (non FSDT) add-ons might not work anymore, but this is of course totally unrelated to our installers.

Or, do you mean you don't have "other options" UNDER the "Couatl Powered Products" ?

Under Add-Ons in regular FSX I only have TWO options. "Couatl Powered Products" and "Addon Manager". Under "Couatl Powered Products" all of the option are available. There is nothing wrong there.

There's NO NEED to install a scenery area manually, if the installer couldn't do it, either there was a problem with your scenery.cfg, but you should have seen an error message while installing. If you haven't, maybe it's something else, like the Compatibility mode enabled for FSX with the scenery.cfg located in a different place than normal.

No error was present when I installed the scenery again. The installer ran as it should.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 08:19:02 pm »
Under Add-Ons in regular FSX I only have TWO options. "Couatl Powered Products" and "Addon Manager". Under "Couatl Powered Products" all of the option are available. There is nothing wrong there.

Then the software is running normally, but something in your system is preventing to read the Scenery Library, so as I've said, it's either the Compatibility mode enabled for FSX or any other add-on that starts with it, or some kind of problem with registry.

If you want to start a Teamviewer session, I can have a look at your system. Contact me with a PM to arrange it.

carolynandnorm

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 11:15:51 pm »
I am having exactly the same problem,all the scenery that is supposed to be there is there ,except the buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 09:22:22 am »
I am having exactly the same problem,all the scenery that is supposed to be there is there ,except the buildings.

Before you can say you have "exactly" the same problem, you must first reply to this question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Mower

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 05:38:25 am »

Before you can say you have "exactly" the same problem, you must first reply to this question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Same issue, and I only have the "Addon Manager" and NOT the "Couatl powered products" menu options, what does this mean?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »
Same issue, and I only have the "Addon Manager" and NOT the "Couatl powered products" menu options, what does this mean?

That Couatl hasn't started. Since the libraries required by it are the same as the one required by the Addon Manager ( Simconnect FSX/SP2 and VC++ 2013 runtimes ), a problem with your system libraries might be excluded.

It goes back to the most common cause, of the antivirus blocking it.

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\FSX

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu