Author Topic: GSX No boarding/Deboarding sound  (Read 5628 times)

Packers

GSX No boarding/Deboarding sound
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:59:23 am »
Hi support team.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thank you for the great update with GSX. I have updated and heared the boarding sound once but since I can't hear the boarding sound any longer. I can hear the truck sounds and GSX environment sounds but no more passengers and cabin crew during boarding.

Any idea on this issue if known? I have already uninstalled GSX and Couatl and reinstalled.

Thank you guys.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX No boarding/Deboarding sound
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:14:59 am »
You must have updated in the wrong way, just with the addon manager, but haven't update the vehicles as well. Either download one of the vehicle updates, or the full GSX installer.

Packers

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »
Thank you for your reply, but I didn't reinstall in the way you meant and I have all sounds, but not the boarding and deboarding sounds. I have verified the GSX folder and all sounds are present but not played.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 12:26:33 pm »
I have verified the GSX folder and all sounds are present but not played.

Since boarding sounds are selected randomly, it's possible you don't have ALL of them (because you haven't downloaded the vehicles installer or latest full installer), so the session has selected a sound that is not there.

Check you have 52 .WAV files in the fsdreamteam\couatl\GSX\sounds folder, with 9 for boarding and 14 for deboarding. If you have less, you haven't updated correctly so either either download one of the vehicle updates, or the full GSX installer to fix this.

If you have all sounds, and you don't hear any deboarding sound, be sure you are inside the cockpit, since they are not heard while outside.

Packers

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »
Alright, checked and I have 52 Wav files and "10" (ten) boarding sounds and 14 deboarding. I heard the sounds once when I have updated and then never again. All other sounds works fine. I have tested the boarding sounds and eboarding, can play the sounds too with Windows Media player. I'm always in the cockpit, never had a sound issue with previous versions of GSX.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:53:27 pm by Packers »

ozflyer

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »
Alright, checked and I have 52 Wav files and "10" (ten) boarding sounds and 14 deboarding. I heard the sounds once when I have updated and then never again. All other sounds works fine. I have tested the boarding sounds and eboarding, can play the sounds too with Windows Media player. I'm always in the cockpit, never had a sound issue with previous versions of GSX.

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I am having the same issue, what did you do to fix it ?.