Author Topic: Most airport scenery not visible upon arrival **SOLVED**  (Read 4910 times)

Sploosh

Most airport scenery not visible upon arrival **SOLVED**
« on: December 22, 2014, 09:00:35 pm »
All FSDreamTeam airports do the same thing (those that I have purchased). For example, I take off from KLAX and land in KLAS. The origin loads perfect. By the time I arrive at my destination, the FSDreamTeam airport scenery doesn't load. I land with pieces and parts showing and NOT showing. Some items load, such as roofs and vehicles, but tarmac walls, passenger gates, and airport lighting (for example) just don't load. I land at a "broken" airport.

If at the beginning of a flight I literally SLEW from airport to airport they load perfectly, in tact, and whole. If I FLY from one to another, they don't... every time. Why is this?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

skan
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:27:57 pm by Sploosh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Most airport scenery not visible upon arrival
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 09:12:54 pm »
Some items load, such as roofs and vehicles, but tarmac walls, passenger gates, and airport lighting (for example) just don't load.

Please be more specific: are these partial objects looking to be FSDT objects, or default objects ?

Sploosh

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:24:29 pm »
Yes, FSDreamTeam objects only partially appearing. I have this happen to KLAX, KLAS, KDFW,  KJFK2, and FlightBeam's KSFO, and Cloud9's KMCO (these are the ones I have purchased and show active AND installed within the Addon Manager in FSX). And yes, both Addon Manager and the Couat..(spelling) engine show up on the Menu bar within FSX.

I have already installed the latest of ALL of the above listed airports by downloading them from their respective sites, and installing them. I installed Addon Manager first, then GSX, then the airports, all with new downloads.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:38:18 pm by Sploosh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:03:38 pm »
Yes, FSDreamTeam objects only partially appearing.

Then it means the problem is not related in any way to the software or the installation (you said yourself their menus are there), the most likely explanation why it only happens after a flight and not when positioning at the start of a flight, seems to indicate a problem with video/ram memory corruption/exhaustion along the course of the flight, which result in partial objects being displayed.

Just to be more clear: we don't have any means to display *partial* objects from our code (it would be interesting if we could...), so it's entirely out of our control, and it must happen within the FSX graphic engine.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:22:16 pm by virtuali »

01pewterz28

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 02:08:50 pm »
I had this happen it could be too many active sceneries loading in FS. Disable scenery areas you are not flying to. If you do LAX-KAS no need to have scenery for New York ensbled.

Sploosh

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 11:05:09 pm »
I found what I believe to be the answer. I had "//", in effect attempting to "comment out" some of the auto-entered-into-FSX.cfg additions. Among those were "TextureMaxLoad=6", HIGHMEMFIX=1", and "SmallPartRejectRadius=1". These can't be "commented out" with "//" preceding the entry in the FSX.cfg file. They are needed to make the scenery work. I am not technically knowledgeable enough to understand why. I just know that it works. The scenery loads and appears as it should.

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:25:53 pm by Sploosh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 11:33:26 am »
These can't be "commented out" with "//" preceding the entry in the FSX.cfg file.

That's part of the problem. // comments are not legal in .INI file ( the FSX.CFG is an .INI file, just with a different extension ), the standard comment for an .INI file is the semicolon ;

They are needed to make the scenery work. I am not technically knowledgeable enough to understand why. I just know that it works. The scenery loads and appears as it should.

The HIGHMEMFIX=1 is basically a mandatory fix when using videocards with more than 512MB or RAM, otherwise FSX won't use it. The scenery doesn't have anything to do with it, except that the overall VRAM requirement at that location exceed 512MB, which is very likely nowadays.

It's not default because they are not that common when FSX was released, but it's considered as a default by the Addon Manager Defaults settings button, and it's now default on the new FSX Steam edition.