Author Topic: Brakes stop working after customizing pushback  (Read 2528 times)

wiss

Brakes stop working after customizing pushback
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:20:14 pm »
Good evening

I have a problem regarding the brakes after customizing a pushback. After I customize a pushback and press "apply" I can't use the brakes of my plane anymore, is like I don't have a key assigned to the brakes. I have tested this with Aerosoft and PMDG planes and I have the problem with both of them, so is not a plane related problem.

I have tried to reassign my brakes key to see if that can circumvent the problem, but no success.

Both my keyboard and joystick keys assigned for brakes stop working.

My only way to stop my plane on the ground with this problem is by using the parking brakes.

I have the latest version of GSX (1.9) with an Addon Manager update which I was asked to install once I opened my FSX some days ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Brakes stop working after customizing pushback
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:40 pm »
Doesn't happen, and nobody ever reported it before so no, it cannot be a GSX problem. There was a somewhat similar issue, that was related to the Xbox gamepad that disconnects when ANY dialog is displayed, see the thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10997.0.html

It seemed at first a GSX problem, but since GSX doesn't touch or interact with anything related to controls, it cannot possibly a GSX problem, and if you follow that thread, you'll see another user confirmed it happened with other add-ons too, it's just gamepad that forgets the assignments when returning from any dialog box created by an external add-on.

I can't say for sure this is the same issue, because you are reporting it for the keyboard, but it looks very similar.

wiss

Re: Brakes stop working after customizing pushback
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 06:58:29 pm »
Hello Umberto

Thanks for the answer. I tried an uninstall first and that didn't solve the issue. After I wrote the topic, I tried a reinstall again, and for some mysterious reason everything has been fixed. Whatever caused it was it seemed to disappear on this latest reinstall.

Thanks