Author Topic: GSX no pushback  (Read 14829 times)

flightdude77

GSX no pushback
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:46:45 am »
Since the major update for GSX with the de-icers ,my psuhback doesn't seem to work anymore.

The problem is ,as soon as I request pushback ,the screen dissapears and nothing happens.
Normally a window shows up and asks me in which direction.
I also have set everything in the settings, that there is pushback available at the gate.

At some positions it works but most of the time it doesn't and I also installed the latest standalone manager plus the latest GSX update.

Can anyone help please? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX no pushback
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:39:33 am »
At some positions it works but most of the time it doesn't and I also installed the latest standalone manager plus the latest GSX update.

That's why it doesn't work. As clearly indicated in the update release notes, and in the forum update announcement thread, just installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is NOT enough. You must also install one the vehicle updates, which one depending how old your last full install was.

Or, just download and install the current GSX Full installer, which contains everything.

cbarbas

• Aegean Airlines Virtual
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:43 pm »
Hi

I can confirm that and it doesn't work even that I have installed the latest vehicle pack and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Actually I came at forum to find whats going on before I uninstall and re-install the GSX!
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:47:21 pm »
it doesn't work even that I have installed the latest vehicle pack and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Then you must have installed the wrong vehicle update installer. As I've said, the one to choose, depends on the date of the full installer you used to to the last full installation.

As I've said, download and install the current GSX Full installer, which contains everything.

cbarbas

• Aegean Airlines Virtual
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 05:50:19 pm »
The

only thing that could be right and had my installation corrupt, I have installed the January update also!

I am doing a clean install now, if something goes wrong, I'll report back.

Thanks
Christopher Barbas

flightdude77

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:13:50 pm »
Well I just installed all my FSDT products again and also the GSX full installer with all the new vehicles.

When I tried it out it worked but after I restarted FSX it didn't work anymore , it's like I have to install GSX everytime new before I play FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:34:25 pm »
it's like I have to install GSX everytime new before I play FSX.

No you don't.

It's possible you have a problem with the VC++ runtime libraries. Try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again, because it contains a slightly different version of the module, one that requires a different build of the VC++ runtime libraries, that hopefully is not missing/corrupted on your system.

flightdude77

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:35:31 am »
Well I installed the new Standalone Manager but still nothing changed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 11:11:13 am »
Well I installed the new Standalone Manager but still nothing changed.

"Nothing changed", what ?

My last reply was to your last question "it's like I have to install GSX everytime new before I play FSX", that's not obviously the case, unless you have a problem with the VC++ libraries, or possibly the antivirus blocking the programs. This would be the case, if you don't have the Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus when you start FSX.

Or, do you mean that "nothing changed" in relationship to your original question, that you don't have the Pushback anymore ? I'm sorry, but the only possible reason you don't have the Pushback after the update, is that you haven't updated it correctly (forgot the vehicles) but it WILL fixed by downloading and installing the Full installer.

flightdude77

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 11:58:25 am »
In relationship to the first question but I completly deleted all my FSDT products and installed them all again up to date.

But I think I found the main problem with my pushback.
This only happens somehow with the new vehicles ,as soon as I restart Couatl and the older pushback cars appear, it works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 12:42:10 pm »
This only happens somehow with the new vehicles ,as soon as I restart Couatl and the older pushback cars appear, it works.

This clearly indicates you are missing the new vehicles that has been added in the latest update. Which can only happen if you haven't installed the vehicles updates or the latest full GSX installer.

Download and install the latest GSX full installer, and don't install anything else.

flightdude77

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 01:02:34 pm »
I did install the latest GSX installer and nothing else but I have just seen that also the new vehicles do work, I'll just always have to start Couatl new when I play FSX and that is no problem for me, that doesn't even take 2 min.

Thank you for you're support! Merry Christmas!

luko

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 10:24:38 pm »
Hi,

I had similiar problem when I installed 1.9 Update only -> there was following situation: I changed pushback direction from "Left" to "Both". After this, main GSX parking menu appeared, but when I choose "5 - Prepare for push-back and departure" nothing happens (GSX menu disappeared).

After reading a few posts, I installed GSX from full installer... but when I want to start pushback (choose option 5. in main GSX menu), the GSX window disappeared too. I had to Restart Couatl and start pushback again - then it works.
After installing full 1.9 version I made 2 or 3 flights and this happened one time. I'll observe it...

With regards,
Lucas
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:30:24 pm by luko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 11:22:49 am »
It's always safer to "Restart Couatl", after you make changes to the airport with the parking customization page.

luko

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 03:57:59 pm »
Yes, but after installing 1.9 from full installer, I didn't change any settings on parking customization page.