Author Topic: Problem in the second installation of GSX  (Read 7913 times)

Ricardo Name

Problem in the second installation of GSX
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:19:46 pm »
I had a problem in my FSX, and I ended up uninstalling GSX. However, when uninstalling, did not pay attention and ended up accepting the possibility of not installing more GSX in my FSX.
Now, I've tried twice to install GSX in my FSX, but does not install. From what I saw, the GSX was installed on my machine, but does not appear in FSX.
Is there any possibility to reverse it?
Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem in the second installation of GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:39 am »
Your explanation is not very clear, I assume you un-trusted us in your Windows system, so nothing signed by us will run anymore.

Assuming this is the case, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Ricardo Name

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 12:48:30 am »
I did what you asked me, but this is not my problem.
I guess I did not express myself correctly. I had already installed the program in FSX. For some reason, I had to uninstall. At the time of uninstallation, the program informs me that if I accept the uninstall, I'll never be able to install the program in FSX.
And that's what's happening. I try to install again, it installs on my computer, but does not appear in FSX.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:20:15 am by Ricardo Name »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:39:18 am »
At the time of uninstallation, the program informs me that if I accept the uninstall, I'll never be able to install the program in FSX.

The uninstaller doesn't say that, at all.

It says that, if you reply Yes to the questions about removing the modules too, OTHER programs/sceneries that use the same modules will stop working too, not just the one you are installing. It doesn't say anything about not being able to reinstall anymore.

And that's what's happening. I try to install again, it installs on my computer, but does not appear in FSX.

Do the ENTIRE procedure indicated in my previous message, and pay attention if you are being asked to run the two modules when you launch FSX for the first time after the whole Uninstall/Reinstall sequence.

Ricardo Name

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 01:54:51 am »
I appreciate your attention. I managed to solve the problem. I was installing the program and then the AddonManagerX.
So was going conflict.
Only installed the program and it worked. Do not know why this happened, but eventually solving.
All right.
Thank you.

Ricardo Name

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:51:16 pm »
Sorry write again, but the problem came back. Everything was working fine when I was asked to install the update of the "Standalone Addon Manager". When installed, the program disappeared again FSX. You know what can it be? Wait. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:59:35 pm »
Everything was working fine when I was asked to install the update of the "Standalone Addon Manager". When installed, the program disappeared again FSX. You know what can it be?

Install the full GSX installer after the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Ricardo Name

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »
I did just that. When I installed only the full program, it worked normally. I would not install until the "Standalone Addon Manager". But after a few days, the program only asked to update the "Standalone Addon Manager", and that's when all the program disappeared. If you are the programs installed, it's there. But not appear in FSX time to use it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 11:32:35 am »
But after a few days, the program only asked to update the "Standalone Addon Manager", and that's when all the program disappeared.

That's precisely the reason why I said, in my last message "Install the full GSX installer AFTER the Stand-Alone Addon Manager". If you know that your system doesn't work with the version of the Addon Manager that comes with the Stand-Alone installer, just always use the full GSX installer instead.

The Full GSX installer, since it's a full installer, contains EVERYTHING the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer contains, so it can replace it entirely, the whole point of having a Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer it's JUST to save download time, that's it.

Ricardo Name

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 11:00:05 pm »
I may be installing the wrong program and do not know. Could pass me the right link?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 11:13:00 pm »
I may be installing the wrong program and do not know. Could pass me the right link?

They are both on the GSX page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

Ricardo Name

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 01:12:17 am »
I remember, I came to install the last time the "full version". After all, the last time I installed the program again was on 14/12/2014. I believe that it was the "full version". However, after a while it asks to update and install the "Standalone Addon Manager". This is where the problem happens. But try again. If not solve, I report here again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 01:14:05 am »
However, after a while it asks to update and install the "Standalone Addon Manager". This is where the problem happens.

Again:

That's precisely the reason why I said, in my last message "Install the full GSX installer AFTER the Stand-Alone Addon Manager". If you know that your system doesn't work with the version of the Addon Manager that comes with the Stand-Alone installer, just always use the full GSX installer instead.

Ricardo Name

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:04 am »
again:
I installed your "Standalone Addon Manager" program, because even making use of the full version, he asked me after a few weeks, the ONLY update Standalone Addon Manager. It was not me who wanted to upgrade.
But I'll do what guides me. When he asked me to only update this item, I will not. I will wait for the full version.
Thank you for your attention and patience with me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 12:45:10 am »
I installed your "Standalone Addon Manager" program, because even making use of the full version, he asked me after a few weeks, the ONLY update Standalone Addon Manager. It was not me who wanted to upgrade.

Which is why I said: If you know that your system doesn't work with the version of the Addon Manager that comes with the Stand-Alone installer, just always use the full GSX installer instead.

Maybe I should have been more clear and said:

"always use the full GSX installer, EVEN WHEN the Live Update tells you to update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager"

But I'll do what guides me. When he asked me to only update this item, I will not. I will wait for the full version.

You cannot wait, because the Live Update will NEVER tell you to update using the Full installer! But since the full installer contains everything the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it will do just the same, and if THAT'S is what is working best on your system, just use it.

As I've said, the issue doesn't normally appear: BOTH the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and the GSX installer works just the same, but if the Stand-Alone doesn't work on YOUR system, use the full installer in place of the Stand-Alone, because the Addon Manager .dll, although identical, is compiled to rely on a slightly different version of the VC++ libraries so, if THAT one is working on your system, use it and don't worry what the Live Update is telling you.

The only side-effect of always using the GSX Full installer, is that's a larger download, that's it, but it will work just as well to update the Addon Manager as the Stand-Alone Addon Manager would.