Author Topic: Bglmanx.dll Issue at start up of FSX Possibly solved  (Read 3743 times)

drover

Bglmanx.dll Issue at start up of FSX Possibly solved
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »
Umberto,
I beleive that i have figured out the issue for the bglmanx.dll and fsx not starting.  

After hours and hours of trial and error, heres what i discovered.

In AppData, microsoft, fsx and the EXExml,

here was my original exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>GoFlight Hardware Interface</Name>
    <Path>F:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine></CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SPAD</Name>
    <Path>F:\SPAD\spad.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Path>F:\FSX\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I've discovered that Goflight module would cause the conflict and fsx hang,
so what i've done was play around with exe, and what i came up with was this:
Basically i've delete the Goflight and spad from the exe.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Path>F:\FSX\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

After a restart of fsx when I installed this exe,  everything works fine.. Addon manager in the addon menu, Coult start is there,

So now, After i have FSX running, I manually load SPAD, and Goflight Module, and i'm off flying again...

no wonder i'm bald after all of the time i put into tweaking and trail n error with FSX.. hahahahahaahah

I hope this works for everyone

Merry Christmas

Dwayne Drover
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:34:47 pm by drover »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bglmanx.dll Issue at start up of FSX Possibly solved
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:06:56 am »
I beleive that i have figured out the issue for the bglmanx.dll and fsx not starting.  

After hours and hours of trial and error, heres what i discovered.

I've discovered that Goflight module would cause the conflict and fsx hang, so what i've done was play around with exe, and what i came up with was this: Basically i've delete the Goflight and spad from the exe.

This just confirms what I kept saying to you, even in Teamviewer, yet you keep switching the blame from a module to another, first it was bglmanx.dll, now you say it's GoFlight's fault.

Isn't ANYBODY's fault, the problem is in YOUR system, one of the VC++ runtime libraries has gone missing/corrupted, and sometimes (when things goes really wrong) it's easier to reinstall Windows than trying to fix the problem properly, because troubleshooting Side-By-Side issues is really difficult.

The reason why now you think the problem "must be" GoFlight module, is likely because that one has been linked with a version of the VC++ libraries that, when loaded TOGETHER with the version we used for the bglmanx.dll model, cause YOUR system to crash.

Normally, the Side-by-Side .DLL system is DESIGNED to allow two different versions of the same .DLL to be loaded in memory at the same time (not possible with traditional .DLLs) so this shouldn't be a problem, but it IS on YOUR system, because something has gone wrong in the system that allows this, so you are back into "DLL Hell", which was the term used to describe the inability to run two programs at the same time requiring different (and not fully compatible) versions of the same .DLL, as if they weren't Side-by-side to begin with.

That's why you are constantly jumbling between modules and loading orders: there's something wrong in the system that was designed to PREVENT you doing so!

drover

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 02:41:17 pm »
Well... i think that was a slap in the face
maybe so about your words and you maybe right, but after a clean install of windows 7 and FSX, and all following the order of VC runtimes.. i even did a repair of fsx and still the same, even got the vc runtimes from the disk, now this shouldn't happen still. I'm trying to be positive here and figure out a solution, and  i think this is a good thing that i discovered a fix, I'm not blaming anyone.. just trial and error and was happy to figure this out and share it. If i've done all of your possible fixes and nothing seemed to work, regardless of "MY SYSTEM", I will leave on a positive note and I have MY SYSTEM now running well,  with all add ons working all as one again, I like ever module i have and not pointing the finger to anyone. just stating what i'm discovering ... thats all

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 03:30:13 pm »
maybe so about your words and you maybe right, but after a clean install of windows 7 and FSX, and all following the order of VC runtimes.. i even did a repair of fsx and still the same, even got the vc runtimes from the disk, now this shouldn't happen still.

A Windows "clean install" is even difficult to define. What you end up with, depends on when you reinstall it, how old is your Window install Disk ( those printed after a certain date already include some Windows Update ) AND what other Windows Update you then install.

In addition to that, Windows Update are not all the same for everybody. What is being updated depends on what else you install *beside* Windows. For example, if you install several versions of the .NET runtimes (I think a "clean" install today installs just .NET 4), they ALL come with slightly different variations of the VC++ runtimes, and each one can be potentially fight with the other, if something goes wrong. If you install Office, a new set of Windows Update will appear. If you install different versions of Internet Explorer, new set of Windows Update will be installed too.

There was a documented bug of the 2008 version of the VC++ runtimes that caused a crash with the MSVCR80.DLL that is supposed to belong to the 2005 version *only*, yet that 2008 installer from Microsoft somewhat included an incompatible version that created issue to product that use the 2005 version, and FSX is one of them.

You are making it so simple ( "Windows clean install - VC installed - crash" ), but it's NOT. And this is not really my opinion. Want to hear ANOTHER opinion ? See this, from Pete Dowson, FSUIPC author:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323009-simconnect-gone-mad/?p=1909995#entry1909995

I'll quote here the relevant part, where he's saying exactly the SAME thing:

I've got two PCs, one running Win7 and the other XP, and both of them have broken SimConnect installations. I have not been able to find any way to repair either without reinstalling Windows. I actually broke them deliberately (!) in order to research this, but I failed miserably to find a solution other than Windows re-installation (which I'll do one day, if only to tidy up my increasingly rubbish-ridden systems).

In my opinion the side-by-Side library system is the most diabolically convoluted system ever conceived and implemented by Microsoft and when it goes wrong it is fatal.

just stating what i'm discovering ... thats all

That solution was valid on YOUR system with YOUR combination of addons. There are other users that don't have any problems with the GoFlight module, what I'm saying that BOTH are equally VICTIM of something ELSE.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:32:12 pm by virtuali »

drover

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »
Thanks for this,
very interesting stuff... and in the same breath.. what a mess..
Well.. my windows disk is probably 3-4 years old..
So much to learn yet... never say you seen it all..

Dwayne