Author Topic: Error when using semicolons (;) in scenery.cfg  (Read 2816 times)

laltamuro

Error when using semicolons (;) in scenery.cfg
« on: December 08, 2014, 07:39:45 pm »
Hi,
As it was stated in my post "KLAS gate B22" GSX stops reading any scenery.cfg when it finds a semicolon (use of a semicolon to insert a comment line is a feature supported by Flight Simulator).
Your answer was, finally:
We are working on a major update for GSX ( de-icers and updated airplane configuration editor to support them ), we'll try to fix that issue too. No release date available, you'll know when it's out.
But it seems not to have been included in ver 1.9, as GSX does not find any valid afcad data at the gate.
Please, could you confirm this fix is not included in this last version?
Thanks a lot ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error when using semicolons (;) in scenery.cfg
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:41:18 am »
Please, could you confirm this fix is not included in this last version?

No, it's not.

But you don't have to use the semicolon to disable a scenery area, it's much better to change the Active parameter to FALSE. This will obtain the same effect, and it's entirely supported by GSX.

laltamuro

Re: Error when using semicolons (;) in scenery.cfg
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:36:12 pm »
Hi,
Right, but I don't use them to disable airports, I have all my airports arranged by continent/country/type (mesh, photoreal, 3d) and I insert comments about geographical zone and other scenery features...
Anyway, you can implement it or not, it is your decision (really, I mean it), but as a developer, I try to follow standards as far as I am able, so I'll be very grateful to you if you take this into account in any next versiĆ³n (avoiding me to maintain two different scenery.cfg files).
So, please...

Best, ;-)