Author Topic: GSX not recognizing FSDT and FlightBeam add-on airports  (Read 15979 times)

BuddyDog

GSX not recognizing FSDT and FlightBeam add-on airports
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »
Ciao Umberto!

I recently installed the GSX 1.9 upgrade and vehicles and the de-icers work just fine, thank you for adding it on!

My problem ( which I guess is an AFCAD conflict) is after landing FSDT KLAX and FlightBeam KDEN, I taxi off the runway, hit Ctrl+F12 and it seems to not recognize that i am at either of those airports.  I think at KDEN it thought I was at Aurora, CO with 5 parking spots and at KLAX, it only had parking 1-20 available (no Alpha letter terminal designations).  When I just loaded an aircraft at a gate at KDEN to start a flight, it recognized the gate and GSX services were available.

Would it be correct to disable or uninstall all the add-on scenery, then delete the cache and restart.  I did note when GSX update was installing it made some mention of AFCADs and I checked the "yes" box, but I must not have understood what it was saying.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not recognizing FSDT and FlightBeam add-on airports
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:44:11 pm »
Try to force a scenery cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

Then, start FSX and wait for FSX and GSX caches to be rebuilt.

BuddyDog

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 02:56:16 am »
Ciao Umberto!

I did delete the files as you recommended and re-started FSX, then took a flight from FSDT KIAH to FlightBeam KDEN and still have the same problem at the arrival airport, no GSX services, only 5 parking spaces found.

Would it be best to uninstall GSX completely and do a full re-install?

Grazie!

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 04:14:59 am »
I had a similar issue when landing at the default KOAK. GSX thought I was at Henderson Executive, which I found odd. Restarting GSX a few times eventually kicked it into gear. Similarly, I landed at KDEN later in the day and GSX thought I was somewhere else, though I didn't get a chance to see where. The only other time I ran into this issue pre-1.9 was at KPDX, where GSX would think I was at a small airport across the river, but it was simply a matter of getting closer to the terminal building to have PDX appear. In this case, no matter how clsoe to the "center" of the airport I am, GSX doesn't budge.

kenthom

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:05:56 am »
This sounds like the same issue that I have another thread on.  KDEN only gives me 5 or six gates to park at and they are too small.  I have not tried any of the other airports to see if it is happening there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 10:35:19 am »
If rebuilding the cache hasn't fixed the problem, then it's not likely anything related to GSX, and might be just a conflict caused by another scenery.

Check what AFCAD is in used by GSX, by opening the parking customization dialog, and look what's the name of the ACAD used.

BuddyDog

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 09:21:59 pm »
Ciao Umberto!

Alright here is what I tried and there does seem to be some problem with GSX when ARRIVING at an add on airport.

I took the Majestic DH8D, put it at Flightbeam KDEN B91 and checked the airport position in GSX which read:

C:/FSX/FLIGHTBEAM/KDEN/scenery/KDEN.bgl

I exited FSX, reloaded and Put the A/C at KEGE (Eagle County regional stock FSX airport), then flew a short hop from KEGE to KDEN.  GSX worked at KEGE and noted the stock FSX settings for that airport.

Took off, flew to KDEN, again landing on RWY 35L, exited the runway and activated GSX.

I checked the setting in GSX for KDEN which now read:

C:/FSX/scenery/0202/scenery/APX20170.bgl

Taxied to Gate B91, still no GSX services, just wanted to know which parking space at Aurora, CO I wanted to use.

It would appear when landing at an add-on airport, GSX is reverting to the stock FSX airport AFCAD( at least that is what I think it is called), but in this instance, it thinks Denver is Aurora, CO.

I exited FSX, started it again with the same A/C at KDEN B91, and GSX again recognizes the settings:

C:/FSX/FLIGHTBEAM/KDEN/scenery/KDEN.bgl

I did not have this issue prior to updating to version 1.9.

So, uninstall GSX and start from scratch or some other fix? ???

Grazie!!

johndrago

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »
Ciao Umberto!

I did delete the files as you recommended and re-started FSX, then took a flight from FSDT KIAH to FlightBeam KDEN and still have the same problem at the arrival airport, no GSX services, only 5 parking spaces found.

Grazie!

Did you wait for the cache rebuild to complete?  It can take from 5 to 10 minutes. If you want to watch the status, go to a FSDT airport, the cache will start to rebuild. Push control-f12 and the status will display in the upper left corner.  If the status goes away, push again to get it back. It's complete when the status disappears and the gsx menu appears.

John

tangjuice81

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 09:42:26 pm »
I have the same problem. Airports that were normal and some add-on have the wrong AFCAD. I tried also removing the cache and scenery indexes but no luck. Will uninstalling GSX fix this problem? Thank you.

BuddyDog

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 09:48:58 pm »
Ciao Umberto!

Grazie!

Did you wait for the cache rebuild to complete?  It can take from 5 to 10 minutes. If you want to watch the status, go to a FSDT airport, the cache will start to rebuild. Push control-f12 and the status will display in the upper left corner.  If the status goes away, push again to get it back. It's complete when the status disappears and the gsx menu appears.

John

Yes, I did.

Just for giggles, I put the DH8D at Aurora, CO airport, checked the GSX settings and got this:

The same as I had on arriving at KDEN.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 10:25:35 pm »
Just for giggles, I put the DH8D at Aurora, CO airport, checked the GSX settings and got this:

I tried doing the same you did: took off from KEGE, and arrived to KDEN, which is basically a straight eastward route.

GSX correctly loaded the C:/FSX/FLIGHTBEAM/KDEN/scenery/KDEN.bgl and the related GSX airport customization file that come with the scenery when it was about 3-4 NM inbound the airport.

I can't explain what happened on your system, but it surely works normally here.

Try to use the "Restart Couatl" option on your approach, and see if the correct .BGL is used then.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:27:33 pm by virtuali »

BuddyDog

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 01:16:00 am »
Thank you, Umberto.

I'll give it a try next time I fly.

johndrago

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »
Ciao Umberto!

Grazie!

John

Yes, I did.

Starting at KDEN I assume everything is normal?  What about if you fly from KDEN to another FSDT or Flightbeam airport?  Does it work fine that way?

John

BuddyDog

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 10:23:15 pm »
I have not tried from KDEN to another add-on, BUT prior to that, I started at stock KSEA, flew to FSDT KLAX and it would not recognize KLAX, just 20 parking spots with no GSX service at the FSDT gates.

I am now rolling back my config to prior to the GSX update 1.9 (version 1.8.9) and will see how that works, then uninstall and do a full reinstall of GSX.

kenthom

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 10:42:11 pm »
I deleted the files and followed the directions above to reset the cache.  I then flew a short flight from the nearest airport to KDEN. I saw a short prompt that indicated that the files were 78% rebuilt (or something like that). I waited a very short time and then checked the AFCAD as directed above.  I had KDEN AFCAD and all was well.  I did the same thing for KLAS, KSFO and KPHX and it worked at each of the airports.