Author Topic: GSX PUSHBACK TUG INVISIBLE  (Read 11390 times)

gibbs

GSX PUSHBACK TUG INVISIBLE
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:47:51 am »
Hay guys,
The other day I updated the new November 2014 update. And ever since then the pushback tug has been invisible.
Can someone help?
Thanks
Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX PUSHBACK TUG INVISIBLE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:26:24 am »
The most likely reason is, you updated the Addon Manager, because you have been prompted to do that, but you haven't read the release notes, which tells you must also update the vehicles.

Download and install one of the vehicle updates, or the latest full GSX installer, it's the same.

gibbs

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:54:04 am »
Hi,
I installed the vehicles update it still did not work. I uninstalled and Re installed I got rid of coucal and addon manager and reinstalled it.
And the push back tug is still invisible.
Josh   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:56:57 am »
I installed the vehicles update it still did not work. I uninstalled and Re installed I got rid of coucal and addon manager and reinstalled it. And the push back tug is still invisible.

This means your problem wasn't related to the updated process, but it's caused by a problem with video settings, which sometimes cause invisible objects, or partially visible objects.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

gibbs

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 11:16:08 am »
Hi,
Sorry to bother but is there any other things I can do?
Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 11:18:35 am »
Sorry to bother but is there any other things I can do?

You already said you used the latest full GSX installer, and that hasn't fixed it, so it only leaves those steps, because there cannot be another cause for an invisible vehicle.

Are you saying you ALREADY tried all of them, and nothing works, or are you saying you want to try other things, because you don't want to try those ? It's not like you have many choices, if you have invisible vehicles, these are the solutions.

gibbs

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 11:29:19 am »
Hi,
I can see the rest of the vehicles but i just can't see the pushback tug. I can hear the noises from it but i can't see it.
Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 11:38:23 am »
I can see the rest of the vehicles but i just can't see the pushback tug. I can hear the noises from it but i can't see it.

That's an even more clear indication the problems IS related to your video settings. If you had a problem of missing files, you wouldn't hear sounds or have the pusbhack going, you would have no pushback at all, and possibly an error message from GSX saying there's no pushback available.

I'll ask it again:

Are you saying you ALREADY tried all of them, and nothing works, or are you saying you want to try other things, because you don't want to try those ?

gibbs

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 11:47:42 am »
Sorry to be a pain, but yes i am worries what the effects that will happen to FSX.
Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »
Sorry to be a pain, but yes i am worries what the effects that will happen to FSX.

A new FSX.CFG will have all your graphic settings put to default, but other than that, nothing will happen.

The main reason why these things happens, is that users put undocumented tweaks that might or not work on your specific system, because some website said they help. They might, but not on all systems, that's why the are undocumented in the first place, because they found not to be universally reliable. So, if you had some tweaks added, they might be the very reason of the problem.

And and course, nothing prevents you to copy that file to a safe location first, so you can always restore it if nothing changes.

Jeff869565

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 04:50:29 pm »
I had the same issue after the update. Just did a reinstall and the tug returned.

hginnc

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »
I also had this issue, exactly as described.  This occurred after updating to the latest version and installing the latest vehicles.  Everything worked, but the pushback tugs/vehicles would not show.  The first step I took was to simply reinstall the vehicles, with no change.  I also tried all three of the solutions above related to video driver/card and deleting FSX.cfg.  None of these worked.

Final solution (for me) was to fully uninstall GSX and vehicles and re-install.  I now have the pushback tugs visible again.   

swaluver88

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 01:48:53 am »
Yeah it was happening to me. Never did a full reinstall. I will just wait till the next live update comes out and it hopefully fixes the problem
swavirtual.com member. Pilot id: SWA5931

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 03:25:07 pm »
Yeah it was happening to me. Never did a full reinstall. I will just wait till the next live update comes out and it hopefully fixes the problem

There wasn't any problem to begin with, some users reported it, but it won't obviously happened to everyone, otherwise we would have *thousands* of reports of it by now.

And, if you are missing a vehicle, it's caused by the fact you haven't updated the vehicles. Since there are several vehicle updates, you must choose one depending how old you full GSX installation was so, the most likely explanation, is that some users chose the wrong vehicle update, which didn't contained everything.

Of course, you can't go wrong with the full GSX installer, because that one always contains everything.

The Live Update obviously doesn't have anything to do with this. In fact, it has been clearly explained that it's NOT ENOUGH to do a Live Update and the GSX manual always explained that, when NEW VEHICLES comes, the Live Update will NOT contain any of them, which is why there ARE separate installers for the vehicles to begin with.

We never said the Live Update can auto-magically update the *whole* GSX installation. It can only update the GSX code, and that's it. No vehicles, no textures, and no sounds are contained in it. And this is clearly indicated in the GSX manual which explains what the Live Update does.

But again, if all of this sound complicated, just pretend the Live Update and the Vehicle installers don't exist, and always use the Full GSX installer. We made it this way to give you the OPTION to save time and bandwidth, if you know what to do.

Cfoley

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 06:00:09 am »
I had the same problem. I am not quite sure what happened, because it was several weeks ago.  When I selected the November 2014 vehicle updates,  it would not show up on my down load page so I could not upload it.  I ended up using the previous update and got the push back vehicles back.