Author Topic: GSX pushback and other Features with engines running?  (Read 3102 times)

Psolov

GSX pushback and other Features with engines running?
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
Hello - I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I have a question about the ground services with engines running in certain aircraft. First off, I do have some aircraft that, with the engines running and all systems on, the pushback and other services will work. However, I never have had the time to spend with cold and dark starts, so all of my flights begin in the ready for taxi mode. I spend most of my time flying the PMDG 777, 737 NGX, and Airsoft Airbus. What I would like to do, if possible, is land at an airport in these aircraft, taxi to gate, run the ground services, push back, and then take off again. When I try to access ground services with these aircraft I am unable to since it requires engines to be shut down (which I think would result in me getting yet another beer from the fridge), and I cant just turn them back on once this is done (or perhaps I can? not sure but probably a PMDG Forum question). Is there perhaps a work around for this, or am I completely missing something due to my own ignorance? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers, Pete

Psolov

Re: GSX pushback and other Features with engines running?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:07:22 pm »
Disregard - I just found my answer in the configuration forum. I looks like it can't be done.

Cheers, Pete

Artur

Re: GSX pushback and other Features with engines running?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »
Hello - I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I have a question about the ground services with engines running in certain aircraft. First off, I do have some aircraft that, with the engines running and all systems on, the pushback and other services will work. However, I never have had the time to spend with cold and dark starts, so all of my flights begin in the ready for taxi mode. I spend most of my time flying the PMDG 777, 737 NGX, and Airsoft Airbus. What I would like to do, if possible, is land at an airport in these aircraft, taxi to gate, run the ground services, push back, and then take off again. When I try to access ground services with these aircraft I am unable to since it requires engines to be shut down (which I think would result in me getting yet another beer from the fridge), and I cant just turn them back on once this is done (or perhaps I can? not sure but probably a PMDG Forum question). Is there perhaps a work around for this, or am I completely missing something due to my own ignorance? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers, Pete

I think a real pilot don't "jump" in an Aircraft when is taxiing or is taking off. There are people wich the the sim means starting from cold&dark and finishing shutdown the Aircraft. But... not all of us are "capable" , because this means reading maybe the manuals for that specific Aircraft, so when it's more easy to not read, let's say that we have no time...  ;)