Author Topic: Can Hear the Deice Trucks But Cannot See Them!!  (Read 3359 times)

vivalasvegas

Can Hear the Deice Trucks But Cannot See Them!!
« on: December 01, 2014, 04:05:24 am »
This is a really strange one!

I originally installed GSX when it first came out and have installed all the updates  I have had no problems using GSX until now.

The latest Addon Manager was then installed along with GSX vehicles update #5.  Aircraft is at gate 6 Orbx Jackson Hole (KJAC) Aerosoft A320.  I requested deice and saw the message that "Deice trucks are on their way."  I could hear them arrive!  Then the message "De-icing treatment in progress."  But I don't see the trucks!  I then quit FSX, removed the ...\Virtulai\Couati and ...\FSX\SceneryIndexes folders and restarted FSX.  I also restarted couati several times, but the deice trucks would not appear!

Thanks for any help!
Vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can Hear the Deice Trucks But Cannot See Them!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:57:43 am »
If you installed either the vehicle updates or the GSX full installer, it's not possible you would hear the sound but not see the vehicles.

Invisible objects might be caused, instead, by wrong video tweaks/settings. Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

If this still doesn't fix it, be sure you don't run FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes. Every checkmark in the Compatibility tab of the Properties for FSX.EXE should be off.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:59:26 am by virtuali »

briman

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 05:20:06 pm »
Umberto,  I have the same problem.  I installed GSX 1.9 and the new vehicles update over the existing installation, was that correct?

Grateful for your advice,
Thanks,  Briman.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »
I installed GSX 1.9 and the new vehicles update over the existing installation, was that correct?

If with "installed GSX 1.9" you mean you installed GSX using the 1.9 version of the full installer, the vehicles update step wasn't necessary, but it won't cause problem if you did it anyway so no, you should see the deicers and, as I've said above, if you can HEAR them (you said you have the "same problem"), it doesn't have anything to do with a problem with your GSX installation because, if you were missing the deicers objects, you won't just hear them, you'll see an error message from GSX stating that deicers are not available, and the procedure won't even being.

In any case, it won't hurt trying to reinstall again the full GSX 1.9 installer, and nothing. else.

If that doesn't fix it, see my reply above about video driver settings.

briman

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »
Umberto, Problem fixed after fresh download of the full v.1.9.  The graphics card and settings are fine.

Thanks for your help.

Briman.