Author Topic: GSX installer extremely slow download  (Read 5035 times)

Artur96

GSX installer extremely slow download
« on: November 30, 2014, 01:28:24 pm »
I'm redownloading the full installer for GSX, and at the moment I'm downloading at shocking 30kb/s. Could you consider reuploading the files to something like mega.co.nz, because mediafire is not the way forward?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installer extremely slow download
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 01:48:16 pm »
No problems whatsoever with Mediafire here, see the attached screenshot. Whatever problem you might have, it's not on Mediafire's end. Mediafire is in the US, and I'm in Europe, so it shouldn't be an issue related to the distance from your location.

Perhaps your ISP is throttling Mediafire ? 30kb/s is quite suspicious, because it's exactly 256 kbit/s, which looks like a commonly used speed throttling setting.

jgoggi

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:10:46 pm »
I do confirm, today it's not possible to download, I am trying with both Addon Manager and GSX but the download speed is close to zero. Could you please check, Umberto? Thank you!
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »
I do confirm, today it's not possible to download, I am trying with both Addon Manager and GSX but the download speed is close to zero. Could you please check, Umberto? Thank you!

See my previous reply, there are no problems whatsoever with Mediafire, on all links. See my previous screenshot about the GSX installer links working normally at very good speed, and see the screenshot attached about a fast speed for the Stand-alone Addon Manager installer too.

jgoggi

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »
Downloading at 26.4 Kb/sec at the moment, in Italy... There are definitely problems with Mediafire, I can download anything else at a much higher speed...
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 08:59:04 pm »
Downloading at 26.4 Kb/sec at the moment, in Italy... There are definitely problems with Mediafire, I can download anything else at a much higher speed...

Again, there aren't any problems with Mediafire, as you can see in both my screenshots, since I took the time to verify this when asked. As I've said in my previous message, such speeds around 30k are suspiciously close to the usual ISP throttling, which happens at about 256 kbit/s.

It's also possible that either you or someone else in your network domain has download too much from Mediafire, so your ISP is throttling you.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 05:25:21 am »
 No problems downloading GSX from Western Canada. 3+ mb/s