Author Topic: Sound and Vehicle Movement **SOLVED**  (Read 3994 times)

rickie72

Sound and Vehicle Movement **SOLVED**
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:19:53 am »
I have installed the new update for GSX to 1.9 after uninstalling the older version and have some issues;  some carrying over and some new.  Now, I'm not complaining, but being as it appears to be updated and worked on frequently I think these are things that need attention.

I currently am getting no sound of passengers boarding or unboarding.  Had that fairly nicely in the old version.

The marshaller, when he approaches any airplane the first thing he says is "locking gear" and at that point nothing else until he goes into the by pass pin inserted speech etc..  Seems like something is missing.  He says the other stuff a few seconds later.  Same after the push back.  He says "locking gear" and  a few seconds later pins removed.  Seems like it should be something else besides just locking gear being said.  Just sounds like something is missing.  This was true with the older version as well.

With this new version 1.9 there seems to be a LOT of vehicle crashes.  When boarding, the baggage train comes up and parks and then the container train comes up and goes right through it.  When the baggage train leaves it does several tight circles, crashes into itself several times then leaves.  The container train does the same when it pulls away.  It does a tight circle, runs over it's own trailers, then goes away.  It did this in the older version but I don't believe as blatant as this is doing.

All else seems well.  The catering truck seems fine.  Doesn't line up perfectly but is fine.  I didn't do fuel yet but it just pulls up and sits so I suppose it is the same.

Haven't seen the option for the de icers yet as I believe they are temp controlled and I haven't been that cold yet.

Again, not complaining, but things that could use some attention to make it really, really fine.  I think it is a great product and like very much using it.

As to the boarding sounds though, in the older version previous to 1.9 I had nice foot steps it seemed.  I thought I heard chatter but wasn't sure.  But with this one I hear nothing and the volume is all the way up.

Thanks for reading and hopefully future upgrades might repair some of these.........Respectfully......
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:51:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sound and Vehicle Movement
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »
I currently am getting no sound of passengers boarding or unboarding.  Had that fairly nicely in the old version.

That's because you have updated using the GSX Vehicles updates, and in the few hours after release, those installed didn't contained all the updated sounds. This is fixed now, so either download the vehicle updates again, or just use the full installer.

The marshaller, when he approaches any airplane the first thing he says is "locking gear" and at that point nothing else until he goes into the by pass pin inserted speech etc..  Seems like something is missing.  He says the other stuff a few seconds later.  Same after the push back.  He says "locking gear" and  a few seconds later pins removed.  Seems like it should be something else besides just locking gear being said.  Just sounds like something is missing.  This was true with the older version as well.

I don't see a problem here. He's not supposed to say anything after "locking gear", you should hear a mechanical or pneumatical sound (depending on the pushback type) and the marshaller will perform an animation of moving the handle (except for the towbarless models) and then he'll walks away and will say that pushback pin has been inserted and you should release brakes.

That's how it always worked, and I don't see a problem with it.

With this new version 1.9 there seems to be a LOT of vehicle crashes.  When boarding, the baggage train comes up and parks and then the container train comes up and goes right through it.  When the baggage train leaves it does several tight circles, crashes into itself several times then leaves.  The container train does the same when it pulls away.  It does a tight circle, runs over it's own trailers, then goes away.  It did this in the older version but I don't believe as blatant as this is doing.

Not a single bit of these has changed with the new version. If you said you saw conflicts between the previous vehicles and the deicers going away, I might agree, but the other vehicles behave as they always had.

The only possible solution to reduce clashes between vehicles, is to tweak their starting positions with the parking customization editor. Vehicle are not entirely aware of each other, because that would cause even more problems that it would fix (possible deadlock), so we only have timings to play with, and you have starting positions you can tweak, to minimize the issue, since GSX can't anticipate any arbitrary scenery configuration.

All else seems well.  The catering truck seems fine.  Doesn't line up perfectly but is fine.

The catering vehicle lines up as accurately as the service door position is accurately set in the airplane configuration file. So, if you have this issue in an unsupported airplane you customized yourself, try to be more precise. If, instead, you are getting less than perfect alignment with an internally supported airplane, you can easily refine it with the airplane configuration utility and, if the problem look too obvious, please report which airplane is, and if you are using the internally-supplied config that comes with GSX, so we can check it.

As to the boarding sounds though, in the older version previous to 1.9 I had nice foot steps it seemed.  I thought I heard chatter but wasn't sure.  But with this one I hear nothing and the volume is all the way up.

What do you mean "nothing" ? You mean you don't have the foot steps sound anymore, or no boarding sound at all ?

rickie72

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »
In regard to the boarding I hear no boarding sound at all.  No chatter, no footsteps.   Thank you for all of your replies.  I understand all and I did download the update very soon after it came out and as you said it may not have contained the sounds.  I will download the full set again and let you know at that point.  Thank you very much for replying.....

rickie72

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »
I have now re-installed the new version 1.9 and I do hear "footsteps" with boarding and deboarding.  I hear NO chatter.  The volume of footsteps is very, very low even though I have the sound in GSX turned up all the way.  If it is possible to turn up the sound within the cfg I would like to do that.  The previous version sound of boarding was a little more pronounced I thought.  In fact, I could hear it, but for a long time couldn't figure out what it was until one day it just hit me that it was the passengers going down the jetway.

As to the vehicles crashes, that is going to be plane by plane and gate by gate I guess.  I used a different airplane, the first was a 319 and this time a 737.  The 319 presented with all the baggage vehicles crashing into themselves.  With the 737 the all reacted perfectly as they should.  So, to that end all is well.  I will play with the 319 cfg and see if I can get the baggage cars to line up properly.

But, would still like to turn up the sound a bit on the boarding and deboarding and add the chatter if it is possible.  Again, thanks so much.....respectfully......

rickie72

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 09:25:43 am »
I have done some more work and have found that the boarding sound is present.  It is quite dependant on where I am looking from.  Outside, the closer I get to the jetway the louder the footsteps are.  Get right under the jetway and close to the door and it is quite loud.  I have tried to modify the parking of baggage trains so they don't crash but am finding that difficult.  When I change the parameter and go back to FSX it makes the plane slew all over the place quite quickly.  I will work on that some more.  But the sound problem I (thought) I had is resolved.  I saw your comments in another posting that the boarding sounds should be heard inside the cockpit as well.  I don't believe I have ever heard them in there.  I will give that a shot as well.  I am always outside watching what's going on when using GSX so I don't know all the sounds from the cockpit except for the marshaller talking to the pilot.  Thanks so much for your comments.  I very much like the program and enjoy very much using it.  I will continue to try to get the cars from crashing but as  of now it is proving difficult.  Respectfully......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 09:51:47 am »
I have done some more work and have found that the boarding sound is present.  It is quite dependant on where I am looking from.  Outside, the closer I get to the jetway the louder the footsteps are.  Get right under the jetway and close to the door and it is quite loud.

Of COURSE it does. GSX fully supports 3d positional audio, and if you have a 5.1/7.1 sound system, you'll be able to feel sounds coming from their proper direction.

I have tried to modify the parking of baggage trains so they don't crash but am finding that difficult.  When I change the parameter and go back to FSX it makes the plane slew all over the place quite quickly.

This has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's a problem of your joystick which is not properly calibrated, there are several solutions to this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11091.msg85641.html#msg85641

I will work on that some more.  But the sound problem I (thought) I had is resolved.  I saw your comments in another posting that the boarding sounds should be heard inside the cockpit as well.  I don't believe I have ever heard them in there.  I will give that a shot as well.  I am always outside watching what's going on when using GSX so I don't know all the sounds from the cockpit except for the marshaller talking to the pilot.  Thanks so much for your comments.  I very much like the program and enjoy very much using it.  I will continue to try to get the cars from crashing but as  of now it is proving difficult.  Respectfully......
[/quote]