Author Topic: Problem with GSX update - FSX crashed  (Read 5977 times)

templar29

Problem with GSX update - FSX crashed
« on: November 29, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »
Dear Sir,
I updated my GSX but when I started FSX, the sim crashed with the following message: instruction "xxxxxxxx" use memory adress "xxxxxxxxx". The memory can't be read.
I exactly followed 3 times the step of this procedure (see below) but FSX crashed each time.I followed the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling the product and I said YES to the messages when FSX is loading...
Can you help me please?
Thank you in advance

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"
- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.
With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX
- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:
YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe
- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX
- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both
- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.
If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

Go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with GSX update - FSX crashed
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:25:47 pm »
I updated my GSX but when I started FSX, the sim crashed with the following message: instruction "xxxxxxxx" use memory adress "xxxxxxxxx". The memory can't be read.

That part of the error message is not important. What is important is the part that tells the name of the module (an .exe or a .dll) that crashed. What is it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 01:25:58 pm »
The error message say: fsx.exe application error, instruction "xxxx"... click ok for close program or cancel for debugging...any idea of my problem?

You might have more information in the Windows Event Viewer, under the Admin Tools section of the Control Panel. Go into the Application log and look for recent crashes of FSX.EXE, then select the Details.

templar29

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »
Sorry Sir, but no fsx.exe crash is reported on the application log It's strange! Maybe may I have V7 or V8 in order to finish my world tour please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 05:48:51 pm »
Sorry Sir, but no fsx.exe crash is reported on the application log It's strange! Maybe may I have V7 or V8 in order to finish my world tour please?

That's not possible. If you saw the crash about FSX.EXE, the error must have been recorded there, try to search better, it should be in the Application logs UNDER the Windows logs, not the separate application and service logs.

templar29

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 06:59:47 pm »
3rd screenshot

templar29

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »
That's only what I found...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »
That's only what I found...

That's enough. even the Event Viewer is saying that what has crashed it's FSX.EXE

This indicates your problem doesn't have anything to do with our products, because you should have seen a crash inside bglmanx.dll our Couatl.exe in that case.

templar29

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 07:22:23 pm »
So what can I do now, sir ?

templar29

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 07:29:02 pm »
Each time i uninstalled GSX, FSX worked well. Each time I installed GSX, FSX crahed at 82% of loading. There's certainly a conflict between GSX ans FSX!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 09:08:53 pm »
Each time i uninstalled GSX, FSX worked well. Each time I installed GSX, FSX crahed at 82% of loading. There's certainly a conflict between GSX ans FSX

No, there obviously isn't, otherwise EVERYBODY would have a "crash at 82%". The crash might be possibly caused by a corrupted .BGL in your FSX install, and GSX needs to read your .BGLs, in order to work.

So the real cause it's likely another one, and GSX is AFFECTED by it. You think FSX is "working", because it will start with a corrupted .BGLs, which will simply not work, but that doesn't mean you don't have a problem anyway.

Since it seems you can't access the GSX menu in FSX, you can enable logging this way:

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe, then run FSX and let it crash. Then go to the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and see if a Couatl.LOG and a Couatl.ERR files has been generated. If they are, post them here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:11:14 pm by virtuali »