Author Topic: No audio Psgr Deboarding or Boarding  (Read 6246 times)

theav8r

No audio Psgr Deboarding or Boarding
« on: November 28, 2014, 07:41:20 am »
I notice since downloading latest update 1.9, I cannot hear the psgr chatter on deboarding and boarding.

I have checked that the volume control is at its highest.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No audio Psgr Deboarding or Boarding
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:19:42 am »
You might have to download the Full installer.

theav8r

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:06:46 am »
I did download the full installer, but still no audio.

rickie72

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 07:34:25 am »
I have the same issue as well.  I did install the full install after deleting the old program first including addon manager etc.  All installed well except no sound on passengers boarding.  Also, what I came in to write about is when the wing walker first goes to the plane the first thing he says is something about "jacking gear".  That's all I hear.  It seems like something is missing from the message and should be more then just jacking gear.......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm it's not possible you won't hear boarding/deboarding sounds, if you installed with the current full installer, or the current GSX Vehicles installer.

Of course, you won't hear any boarding/deboarding sounds under the following conditions, which hasn't changed since GSX has been released:

- You are not inside the cockpit. You can't obviously hear sounds of passengers in the galley, while outside.

- Your airplane is not loaded, or it's loaded so light, that the estimated number of passengers on board (which is loading weight divided by 220 lbs) is zero.

- You set the boarding/deboarding time to be too low in the Timings section of the "GSX Setting" menu.

theav8r

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:05:13 pm »
I realise you won't hear sounds under the conditions you mentioned.

Another thing I forgot to mention was that I can no longer hear sounds from ground crew when ready to push back (release parking brake, start engines at will  etc) and when ready to disconnect (apply parking brake etc)..  The wording appears at top of screen, but no audible sound.  The strange thing is before this major update, all was well.

I guess the only thing left to do is to totally uninstall, and re-install the program, unless you have any other advice thanks Umberto. ???

rickie72

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:13:43 pm »
The earliest version of the update did not contain all of the sounds unfortunately.  So a full re-install with the latest download and install is needed to correct all the sounds.  However in my case at least, I have boarding sounds with no chatter but at a very very low volume which I have written about in my "Sounds and Vehicle Movement" question.  You may like to check out the response to those as well.  Re-installing gave me the sounds (some it seems) but the volume is very low and perhaps too low to hear all of them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »
Re-installing gave me the sounds (some it seems) but the volume is very low and perhaps too low to hear all of them.

The sound volume has a slider in GSX. If it's already set to the maximum, you might try lowering the volumes of FSX sounds, and increase the overall volume of your audio system.

theav8r

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 04:57:40 am »
Prior to the 1.9 update, the sounds I had were like yours Rickie, very low and almost unhearable.
 I did however, have sounds from the ground crew, but now, only the captions at top of screen.

Since the update, no sound at all.  GSX sound volume slider is at max, but to reduce FSX volume and up the volume of your audio system is counter productive,
as you may be able to hear GSX sounds, but it would throw out the balance of FSX sounds.

I think I may skip the deboarding/boarding procedure as it now becomes irrelevant. Pity about the ground crew audio though.

I tried to find your "sounds and vehicle movement" question Rickie, without success :(

theav8r

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 06:24:36 am »
To Rickie....found your question thanks, and all your issues within affect me the same .

I found baggage carts doing amazing manoevers on the tarmac and with the catering trucks, I found the one that goes to the rear of the aircraft, goes past and under it,
then doubles back, does a complete circle, the lines up against the door.

cowings1588

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 07:38:01 am »
I flew today & I had pax sounds on mine..  I did the full install after uninstalling my previous version..  Not sure what your missing or doing wrong but mine worked good today..
COA
Bill

rickie72

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 09:20:19 am »
I have been checking things out and have found that the boarding pass sounds are quite sensitive to where YOU are.  Outside, the closer you get to the jetway the louder it gets.  Get right under the jetway and it is very loud.  I haven't tried inside the cockpit yet as stated but that makes sense as well.

I have been trying to move the vehicles parking so they don't clash into each other but that proves to be difficult at best at this time.  Glad you got it working.  And the crashing vehicles I find are aircraft definitive.  One aircraft works perfectly (with different types of cars and trains) while other tend to do weird and wild things as they move around each other.  All in all I like the program though.  Much more realistic.  Thanks for your reply....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 09:54:43 am »
And the crashing vehicles I find are aircraft definitive.  One aircraft works perfectly (with different types of cars and trains) while other tend to do weird and wild things as they move around each other. 

They are depending on the parking starting positions mainly, and in a very limited way from the different airplanes, but what makes the biggest difference are the starting positions on the parking. Which is why, as I told you already in another thread, GSX has a parking customization editor that allows you to customize the starting positions for all vehicles at each parking.