Author Topic: Jetways not lowering into position at KIAH  (Read 3173 times)

Captain Fred

Jetways not lowering into position at KIAH
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:14 pm »
Hi all, I have the great KIAH scenery but am having a problem with the jetways not lowering to meet my aircraft.
I fly the Airbus A319 and the jetways don't lower into position to correctly meet the aircraft's main exit.
Is there a fix for this?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways not lowering into position at KIAH
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:21:33 pm »
As explained many times already on the forum, we don't control the jetways or how they attach to the main door. We just use a custom model, which is animated by FSX itself.

It's very well known that the default FSX jetway animation is not perfect, especially with regard to the vertical position, sometimes the jetway wheels even sink into the ground, other times the jetway simply doesn't connect.

Nothing we can fix on our side in any way, other than rewriting the jetway animation system entirely, and replace it. Something for the GSX 2, probably...no, we don't have any timeline for it.

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
I am sorry I meant I have your FSDT scenery KIAD. Does your code control the jetways?
I am using Prepar3d version 2.4

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »
Dude , FSDT HAS no control over their jetways , he has said that like 9 times

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 04:55:14 pm »
I am sorry I meant I have your FSDT scenery KIAD. Does your code control the jetways?

No, that's exactly what I said. If our code controlled jetways, it would probably work...the issue is that it doesn't, so we are in the hands of the bugged FSX code, which is still the same under P3D. We asked LM if they are going to fix the jetways in P3D, but got no replies so far.

I'll repeat it again: we use custom jetway models in our sceneries, but their ANIMATION is CONTROLLED BY FSX.