Author Topic: no stairs  (Read 4671 times)

shadesman89

no stairs
« on: November 01, 2014, 12:21:11 am »
I recently updated gsx with the vehicle patch and now there are no stairs for my aircraft with no jetway I selected gate has no jetway in settings but still no stairs appear a bus appears though and I can hear boarding sounds

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no stairs
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:45:39 pm »
It's not possible to help you with such a generic description of the problem. You haven't said which airplane you used, which airport you used, and which gate you used.

A reason why jetways won't appear on a parking in the open, is that your airplane configuration is not correct or hasn't been made, but it's impossible to say, since you don't even say *which* airplane you used, if it's a model internally supported by GSX or not, and if it's not, etc.

Clarify the problem, and we might be able to tell what the problem could be.

shadesman89

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 08:52:18 pm »
It's not possible to help you with such a generic description of the problem. You haven't said which airplane you used, which airport you used, and which gate you used.

A reason why jetways won't appear on a parking in the open, is that your airplane configuration is not correct or hasn't been made, but it's impossible to say, since you don't even say *which* airplane you used, if it's a model internally supported by GSX or not, and if it's not, etc.

Clarify the problem, and we might be able to tell what the problem could be.

I USE THE pmdg 777. However before the vehicle patch there were stairs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:25 am »
I USE THE pmdg 777. However before the vehicle patch there were stairs

I confirm there are no problems whatsoever with the stairs with the PMDG 777, which is an internally supported airplane.

First, check you are using the airplane configuration that comes with GSX, in order to exclude the chance you might have caused a problem with editing it. To do this, use the "Reset" option in the airplane configuration editor, to undo all your eventual edits, then choose the "Restart Couatl" menu option.

Also, try using the latest FSX FULL installer, perhaps you used a vehicles update installer which wasn't updated.

shadesman89

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 12:28:15 am »
here it is in edit positions mode
Note: there are vehicles mssing

BTW I forgot my activation code and I delted that email

shadesman89

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 12:38:37 am »
just reinstalled it still no stairs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:49:20 am »
I can only confirm my previous reply. There are no problems whatsoever with the stairs with the PMDG 777, which is an internally supported airplane.

First, check you are using the airplane configuration that comes with GSX, in order to exclude the chance you might have caused a problem with editing it. To do this, use the "Reset" option in the airplane configuration editor, to undo all your eventual edits, then choose the "Restart Couatl" menu option.

Also, try using the latest FSX FULL installer, perhaps you used a vehicles update installer which wasn't updated.

Nobody else has reported this problem, when all the above conditions are satisfied ( latest version, and all customization files removed )

shadesman89

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »
 Reinstalled it fully and when I try to edit the vehicles position there are 3 blue circles with no vehicles
And I did click reset in customize aircraft.
Also some of the pushback vehicles are just wheels with no body

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:01:49 pm »
Also some of the pushback vehicles are just wheels with no body

That might indicate GSX is working, the stairs are there, but you can't see them, because of a wrong setting/tweak in your FSX.CFG file. Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.