Author Topic: Couatl Restart Error When Trying to Customize Vehicle Location in GSX  (Read 4660 times)

sax702

Getting error message when customizing vehicle locations in GSX.  It says "The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart..." (see attached).  The error is the same using the FSX default B737 or the PMDG NGX, or using default scenery, or FSDT scenery.  For purposes of this post, I'm using the FSX default B737 at FSDT LSZH, gate A43.  The GSX Customization tells me the AFCAD is C:/Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/FsDreamTeam/ZurichX/scenery/APX_LSZH.BGL. 

I've researched the forum and see that others are reporting the same or similar error.  Based on the research, this is what I have done. 
1. Uninstalled GSX, removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine, and deleting \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX and \ProgramData\Virtuali folders. 
2. Downloaded and reinstalled GSX from a full installer.
3. Checked my FSX.cfg file for changes to the SimObjectPaths.  They appear to be correct.  (See my fsx.cfg attached.)

I'm also attaching the Couatl.err file. 

I understand that you may not have the error on your PC, and that it's most likely due to an error in my configuration.  As such, I still appreciate if you could help me find a solution.  Are there any other steps that I could take? 

Regards

David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Restart Error When Trying to Customize Vehicle Location in GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:29:52 pm »
The title of this thread seems to indicate the problem happens ONLY if you try to customize the vehicle location. If this is the case, you haven't supplied the one and only file that was needed to understand the error, which is your airport customization file, located under %APPDATA%\GSX\lszh-xxxx.INI

Of course, I tried doing the same operation as in your report, and put a default 737 at Zurich A43 and no, no error whatsoever, I can customize every vehicle without any issues.

sax702

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:38:36 pm »
Umberto,

Before I send you the airport customization file for LSZH, given that the problem happens at any airport, default scenery, or payware, including FSDT, as stated in my original post, do I have to send you airport customization files for all airports that I have used to test this issue? 

David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »
No, but since you said yourself the problem happens when trying to customize, perhaps that could be a reason. So, I'll pose the question a bit differently: is the error happening on EVERY airport, WHEN trying to customize it ?

Does it work normally if you just select a regular service on the same parking/airport ?

sax702

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 12:39:56 am »
Umberto,

The error is happening at EVERY airport, when trying to customize the location of the vehicles.  I've now tried the other options, and:

• For deboarding and boarding, I can hear the chatter sounds, but do not see any equipment outside of the aircraft.
  • For Refueling and Pushback and departure, I get the same error as when trying to customize the vehicle location.

David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:20:58 pm »
For deboarding and boarding, I can hear the chatter sounds, but do not see any equipment outside of the aircraft

But you don't get any error ?

If you don't get any error, perhaps this is an entirely different issue, and the objects are there, but you don't see them because of a problem with FSX.CFG settings/tweaks.

For Refueling and Pushback and departure, I get the same error as when trying to customize the vehicle location.

You mean you DON'T get the error with deboarding, but you do when you start with Refueling or Pushback ? I tried it too, same parking, same airplane and same airport, and no error whatsoever, either if starting with Pushback or if starting with refueling.

sax702

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »
Yes.  For boarding and deboarding, I do not get the pop up error message, but I can hear the sounds of people boarding and deboarding.  I do not see the push-back or baggage vehicles, nor the baggage handler personnel. 

Yes, I mean that I do not get the pop up error message when boarding/deboarding, but I do when I ask/start refueling or pushback. 

I understand the problem is most likely with my configuration, and thus why you're not seeing the same error with your configuration.  Another way to say this is that the problem is most likely not with GSX, but with some sort of conflict created by a change in the user configuration.  As I see other GSX users reporting the same or similar problem, I'm curious if there something in common (not GSX) that is creating this problem. 

If something is causing Couatl to restart, and preventing the vehicles and baggage handlers from displaying, but yet the simobject paths in FSX.cfg are correct, what could that "something" be?  I removed the FSX.cfg and let FSX create a new one.  I still get the same error under the same conditions.  Is there anything that could create this error just by adding other scenery, landclass, etc.?  What could make Couatl think that "No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed"?

Appreciate your help. 

David

sax702

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 04:35:30 pm »
Problem solved.  I had incorrectly followed the instructions on this posting.  Undid my mistake, and the error went away.   
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:37:31 pm by sax702 »