Author Topic: PMDG 747-8 GSX help needed :)  (Read 6640 times)

FLUX

PMDG 747-8 GSX help needed :)
« on: October 13, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »
Hi there fellow pilots
i just purchased GSX and have to say it´s beautiful :)
but I wanted to customize my AC which is the PMDG 747-8F
but when going into the menu it will be shown as a 747-4 and will be presented with the -400 passenger door config.
so i cant GSX to support the left Main Cargo door and Nose.
I was looking for a solution and found a post in the virtuali blog i think from may which states that there is support for the -800F

What am I doing wrong ? :)

I use the FedEx repaint from the PMDG website. if that is important info :)

cheers and thanks
felix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 747-8 GSX help needed :)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:36 pm »
but when going into the menu it will be shown as a 747-4 and will be presented with the -400 passenger door config.

Don't worry what the airplane configuration dialog is saying, it IS using the -800 variation.

so i cant GSX to support the left Main Cargo door and Nose.

The left main cargo doors works fine, but GSX never supported a Nose cargo door.

I was looking for a solution and found a post in the virtuali blog i think from may which states that there is support for the -800F

Yes, there is.

What am I doing wrong ?

You probably forgot to activate the 800 variant from the PMDG Config manager. Once you do it ( for the right model, the 800F in this case ), GSX WILL support it, you must reload the airplane, of course.

Again, don't worry if GSX is STILL indicating a -400 variant, if you open the airplane configuration editor and check the door and front gear position, you'll see they are correct.

We'll might do a small update so the airplane configuration editor will also indicate the variant in the title, so you don't get confused or thing there's a problem.

FLUX

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 06:58:10 pm »
Hi and thanks for the reply !

unfortunatly it didnt help :)

I made sure I have (and i had :) :) the -800F activated in the pmdg config manager !
So i still dont get a loader for the left main cargo door :/
in the GSX Aircraft Config it shows 2 green passenger doors on the left behind the wing ....
2 orange cargo on the right ....

What is it that I am doing wong .... :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:39:33 am »

I don't have any idea. I can only repeat and confirm the -800 version works normally, see by previous message.

undergroundleo

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 09:23:56 pm »

I don't have any idea. I can only repeat and confirm the -800 version works normally, see by previous message.

Dear Umberto,

I purchased the PMDG 747-8 and GSX is not working properly. We are getting 3 loaders (with the PAX model) and not even aligned, therefore, its not using the same config as with the PMDG 747-400 PAX.

GSX works great with the 400 (as you previously stated), but please, double check with the 747-8 the functionality as its having issues for lots of people.

Best Regards

Leonardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 09:28:06 pm »
You are replying to a 4-years old thread, which was related to the OLD -800 version, which PMDG made in a very strange way, by sharing the aircfraft.cfg file between the -400 and the -800 version. This IS supported, that's what I said 4 years ago, but not for both planes at the same time, which was just how the -800 variant was made at that time.

So, I guess you were not referring to the old -800 version, but the new one.

In the today's Live Update, we added internal support for the NEW 747-800 so, it's enough you run the FSDT Live Update, then be sure you RESET the airplane configuration in the GSX airplane configuration editor, to be sure any customization you might have made/downloaded will be removed, and GSX will use its internal config.

undergroundleo

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:28:56 pm »
You are replying to a 4-years old thread, which was related to the OLD -800 version, which PMDG made in a very strange way, by sharing the aircfraft.cfg file between the -400 and the -800 version. This IS supported, that's what I said 4 years ago, but not for both planes at the same time, which was just how the -800 variant was made at that time.

So, I guess you were not referring to the old -800 version, but the new one.

In the today's Live Update, we added internal support for the NEW 747-800 so, it's enough you run the FSDT Live Update, then be sure you RESET the airplane configuration in the GSX airplane configuration editor, to be sure any customization you might have made/downloaded will be removed, and GSX will use its internal config.

:-[ I´m so sorry for not checking the year hahaha

On the other hand, going to apply the fix for the new 748, you can close this thread i guess.

Thanks for the quick response

Leonardo