Author Topic: GSX Crashing after FSX re-install  (Read 8004 times)

robtheump

GSX Crashing after FSX re-install
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:54:51 pm »
Hello,

I recently did a clean FSX re-install and have been running into a problem with GSX since doing so.

When doing the re-install I uninstalled all of my add-ons (such as GSX) and re-installed everything.  I installed GSX, the vehicle add-on installers and the Add-On Manager directly from the FSDT website.

Whenever I try to use GSX it just seems to crash.  When I load a flight and click on my "Add-On's" button it shows my COUTL options and there I can edit my my aircraft setting, gate settings etc. like I always have been able to.

When I press CTRL-SHFT-F12 my GSX menu pops up as normal, but when I click an option like boarding or pushback the default objects (if any) at the gate disappear like they always did, but no GSX objects appear.  A few seconds later there is a quick (under a second) pause to FSX and then everything continues.

Once this happens the COUTL options are no longer available under my Add-On's, all I have is the "Add-On Manager" which shows GSX is installed and active.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling again, but still no luck.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crashing after FSX re-install
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:13:13 am »
Post the content of the Couatl.ERR file, located under %APPDATA%\Virtuali

robtheump

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 08:08:28 pm »
How do I open the .ERR file to post the contents?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:33:09 pm »
Just zip the file and attach it to your post.

robtheump

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:35:56 pm »
Here ya go!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:27:44 am »
You posted your Couatl.LOG file, but I've asked to post your Couatl.ERR file instead. However, from your Couatl.LOG file, I can already see a problem, that you are not using the current version of the Couatl.exe file ( Build 2358 is old ), but it's not possible to get an old version by mistake, since if you reinstalled, the GSX installer should have downloaded the current version online automatically.

Perhaps your antivirus has blocked the download, so you are stuck with the old version. In this case, turn the antivirus off while downloading and installing.

If you are still getting the error after you reinstall ( be sure your FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe file is build 2364, which is the current one as of today ), then please post your Couatl.ERR file.

robtheump

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:06 pm »
I downloaded the new Installer from the website and still have the same problem. 

I hope this is the right file I have attached.  It's the Couatl.err file that I zipped with WINRAR.  It's the only file in the appdata/roaming/virtuali folder.

The other things in the folder are my old GSX airport location settings and airplane setting folders, a Coualt addons file and KeyMapping.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:01:15 pm »
You sent me a log file which has been made in May 2014. That would explain why your Couatl.exe was old, it was the current version back then.

Are you SURE you are looking at the right folder ? Do you run FSX in "Compatibility" mode maybe ? That would explain both the crash and the fact the log is created elsewhere.

robtheump

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 12:19:26 am »
I don't run FSX in compatibility mode.

I did one last uninstall and deleted the Virtuali folder from my AppData/Roaming folder.

I again reinstalled GSX with a new download from the FSDT website and it is still crashing after I make a GSX selection (push back, boarding etc.)

When I went back to my App/Data/Roaming/Virtuali folder there is no Couatl.ERR file there.  Just a GSX folder, and Key Mapping and CouatlAddons files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 01:00:42 am »
When I went back to my App/Data/Roaming/Virtuali folder there is no Couatl.ERR file there.  Just a GSX folder, and Key Mapping and CouatlAddons files.

Then send me a current Couatl.LOG file, at least.

robtheump

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 06:59:56 am »
Here ya go

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 03:52:33 pm »
I see you use a non-supported airplane, meaning you are using a configuration file you made. Could you please post the GSX.CFG file in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\JCA_B717 folder ?

robtheump

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 04:20:48 am »
Here is the JetCity CFG.

However since install GSX hasn't worked with any aircraft I've tried (FeelThere EJets V2, iFly 737 etc).

On my old install GSX worked for pushback with the JCA B717.

EDIT:
Just realized you said GSX.CFG.  There isn't one in any of my aircraft folders under FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:24:38 am by robtheump »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 09:58:08 am »
Just realized you said GSX.CFG.  There isn't one in any of my aircraft folders under FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes

Then look the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.

You can try removing the whole %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, this will reset all your GSX customizations (so you better *move* it to a different place, rather than removing it), and REINSTALL GSX

Of course, I assume you are using the current version of the GSX installer, not some old installer you might have. If you are not sure, download it again now.

robtheump

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »
Just realized you said GSX.CFG.  There isn't one in any of my aircraft folders under FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes

Then look the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.

You can try removing the whole %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, this will reset all your GSX customizations (so you better *move* it to a different place, rather than removing it), and REINSTALL GSX

Of course, I assume you are using the current version of the GSX installer, not some old installer you might have. If you are not sure, download it again now.
I moved the Virtuali folder as you recommended and re-downloaded the GSX installer from the FSDT website and installed it.

GSX still doesn't work and there are no GSX.CFG files in any of my of my simobjects/aircraft folders or in the appdata/roaming/virtuali folder still.

Other than another re install of FSX I don't know what to do.  I haven't done anything different than my previous FSX/GSX installs.

GSX still doesn't work,