Author Topic: Change Vehicle Type  (Read 5563 times)

starseed

Change Vehicle Type
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:02 am »
Just trying to find out how to change vehicle type at any gate or parking spot. Read the manual did see how to change from air stairs to cargo lift or any other service vehicle on my freighter. How do I  change my PAX door on the top forward to a large upper cargo door? GSX sees it as
passenger entry not a cargo door. Please help.........

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change Vehicle Type
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:12:12 am »
Just trying to find out how to change vehicle type at any gate or parking spot. Read the manual did see how to change from air stairs to cargo lift or any other service vehicle on my freighter

If you want to change it on a single (or many) gates, there's an option in the GSX Parking configuration editor to do that. If, instead, you want to change it globally, you must edit the relevant field for front and back loaders in the GSX Airplane configuration editor.

When the parameter is set to "Auto", what decides the selection is the "condition" parameter in the [Couatl] section of the vehicle SIM.CFG file. Usually is the door's height, for example, the Cargo Loader can be used only if the door height is between 1.92 to 3.40 meters from ground, and the Higher loader will be used from 3.40 meters onward. The Belt Loader will go from 0.9 meters or more.

This means, if the parameter is set to "Auto", if your airplane cargo door is located at 1.5 meters, the Belt loader will be used, if it's located at 2.2 meters, the selection will be random between the Belt loader and the standard Cargo Loader.

If, instead, you set a specific vehicle in the Airplane configuration, that one will drive the selection provided, of course, the "condition" parameter is respected. This means, if you have a door located at 1.5 meters ( too low for the Cargo loader to reach ), and specify Cargo loader in the airplane or parking config, no loader will appear.

How do I  change my PAX door on the top forward to a large upper cargo door? GSX sees it as passenger entry not a cargo door. Please help.........

You can't change a passenger door into a cargo door. If you want to create a config for a cargo airplane that is not supported by GSX, you must MOVE one of the two existing cargo doors on the right side, to the new position on the left side, AND rotate it 180 degrees, so you'll have the direction arrow pointing OUTSIDE the airplane. You can only have a total of two cargo doors.

starseed

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:07:10 pm »
 Ok, I'll give it a go and see if I can properly set the cfg. file You might have others asking about this for the new Just Flight DC8 Freighter
that recently came out .It does have a cargo door on the left and I believe it is over 2.2 meters by default GSX does not see it.
Thanks

starseed

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »
Think I have a grip on how it works now, However still have not found how to delete the air stairs that are in the default setting group.. So I activated the cargo lift in the correct cargo door but the air stairs are there as well and they over lap . How can I remove the 2nd air stairs only want the one on PAX1 front left and rear left PAX2 cargo1 is top load front left position and it adds unwanted air stairs. Thanks...........

[Cant find anything in the manual that talks about deleting a specific position] maybe I need thicker glasses?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:29:45 pm by starseed »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:50 am »
Cant find anything in the manual that talks about deleting a specific position] maybe I need thicker glasses?

Sure, Page 28:

To remove a door entirely (no GSX services will be associated to it), select the first drop-down list as “No door at this position”, which will remove the door entirely from GSX usage

starseed

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:23:45 pm »
http://s26.postimg.org/dc6xwyoyh/Lift.jpg

This is what I need to fix
page 28 is specifically to assign doors. Again I need to eliminate air stairs so they dont go over or sit on top of the cargo lift.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:30:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »
This is what I need to fix page 28 is specifically to assign doors. Again I need to eliminate air stairs so they dont go over or sit on top of the cargo lift. 

Your mistake is that you haven't followed my previous instructions:

You can't change a passenger door into a cargo door. If you want to create a config for a cargo airplane that is not supported by GSX, you must MOVE one of the two existing cargo doors on the right side, to the new position on the left side, AND rotate it 180 degrees, so you'll have the direction arrow pointing OUTSIDE the airplane. You can only have a total of two cargo doors.

If GSX shows stairs there, it means that, instead of MOVING one the cargo doors to the position of the main cargo, you used one of the passenger doors as if was a cargo door, and that won't work.

OR, if you have BOTH the Cargo loader AND the stairs, it means you moved the cargo door, but forgot to REMOVE the passenger door at that place which, as I've indicated in my other reply, is clearly explained on the manual, I'll copy it again:

To remove a door entirely (no GSX services will be associated to it), select the first drop-down list as “No door at this position”, which will remove the door entirely from GSX usage