Author Topic: Equipment Livery/Airline Mismatch  (Read 6251 times)

pilot3033

Equipment Livery/Airline Mismatch
« on: August 20, 2014, 09:38:50 pm »
I did a fresh install of FSX and GSX recently, along with LAX. I've noticed that a lot of the time each piece of equipment will not match the plane, or even eachother. I've attached a screenshot with a Delta belt loader, United cargo loader, and American airstairs.

After I took this screenshot, the united baggage cart showed up with AA bins for the aircraft. Is there somewhere in the config I should edit?

http://i.imgur.com/iFmA2DD.jpg
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:01:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Equipment Livery/Airline Mismatch
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 10:11:07 pm »
This was discussed many times on the forum, the airline code in the aircraft.cfg doesn't affect the ground operator, it would be wrong if it did, because you can't expect to have your home base operators following you everywhere in the world. Instead, the ground operator is related to the airport AND the airline codes of the PARKING. The manual and (more so) the PaintKit documentation, explain how the scoring system works.

So, it's just normal, and it's how GSX is supposed to work, if the operator selected doesn't match the livery your own airplane, it's you that must selected a parking where your airline is located, so the atc parking code of the parking spot will likely match your airplane livery, assuming the airport has the airline codes assigned correctly.

This clears up the first issue. What IS a problem, is the 2nd issue, the vehicles mis-matched between each other, which is not supposed to be happening, once an operator is selected, all vehicles must be of the same livery, the only possible reason why they aren't, is if there's no other choice, for example if the vehicle of the correct livery doesn't exists, but that's not normal, because surely a complete GSX installs has the complete vehicle set for all these companies.

Do you recall which operator was announced to service the airplane ?

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:49 pm »
1. Yes, I knew about the way GSX operates, my apologies for making that seem like the issue.

2. I believe it said United, but I will open up FSX and do another test to see what it says. This happened last night as well, with a Southwest 737 parked at gate 6. GSX said Southwest was handling service, and two SWA belt loaders showed up with an AAL staircase.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:11:42 pm by virtuali »

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:44 pm »
Replicating the conditions, same gate, same A/C, GSX reported handling to be by "Delta Air Lines." I was given a DAL bag loader, a UAL cargo loader, and AAL stairs.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:11:51 pm by virtuali »

pilot3033

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 06:25:17 am »
Saw it again today at JFK, handling by AAL with an AAL 737 at an AAL gate (44). American belt loaders with jetBlue rear air stairs.

Let me know if there's any way I can help get to the bottom of this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:54 am »
Saw it again today at JFK, handling by AAL with an AAL 737 at an AAL gate (44). American belt loaders with jetBlue rear air stairs.

I tried and it happened to me too so, there's nothing you must do now, we'll have to fix it, because it's not how GSX is supposed to work.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:46:51 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 04:59:02 pm »

I tried and it happened to me too so, there's nothing you must do now, we'll have to fix it, because it's not GSX is supposed to work.

Yep, I even get 3 different companies now. One company for air stairs, one company for baggage, and another company for the other ones.

DKB_KSEA

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 07:26:45 pm »
Same issue, at all airports. I was trying to remember if I had made any changes or added any software prior to noticing this issue. I know that I installed FSDT KLAX and Flightbeam KPHX and KDEN after running GSX for some time without noticing any bugs. The baggage loaders always seem correct, but the rear stairs and baggage carts are off. Right not at Gate 14 at FSDT KLAX I have Southwest baggage loaders, AA rear stairs, and United baggage carts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 07:44:36 pm »
As I've said, I tried and it happened to me too so, there's nothing you must do now, we'll have to fix it, because it's not how GSX is supposed to work. It's a bug, and it will be fixed.

DKB_KSEA

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:22:17 pm »
Thank you! Still a great product, and FSDT KLAX is pretty amazing. UPDATE: I know you are aware of the problem and working on it. I'm just trying to assist with more info. I was wrong, this issue is NOT occurring at the default airports, only addon's like KLAX and KDEN (FSDT and Flightbeam respectively).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:26:19 pm by DKB_KSEA »