Author Topic: Should Couatl powered be inside the Addons menu on P3D v2.3?  (Read 6659 times)

gcbraun

Should Couatl powered be inside the Addons menu on P3D v2.3?
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:50:44 am »
Should Coutal powered be inside the Addons menu on P3D v2.3?

Because it isn't on mine.

I've already reinstalled all scenarios, deleted Virtuali AND SceneryIndexes folder, deleted FSX.CFG, disabled Antivirus and there's no way the terminal buildings will show up.

I have CYVR, KORD, KJFK v2 and KLAX, all of them properly activated. I'm really going nuts with these issues....

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:52:49 am by gcbraun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Should Couatl powered be inside the Addons menu on P3D v2.3?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:21:42 am »
Of course it has. If you are missing only the Couatl menu, it's almost invariably the antivirus. And no, it's not enough to disable it. You must follow this procedure:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall a scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

gcbraun

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:40:27 pm »
Im not using FSX, butP3D v2.3. I have never seen those permission questions on P3D.

Also, I just have Windows Defender, and already excluded P3D folder from monitoring.

Will try all those steps again.

Thanks

gcbraun

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:24:35 pm »
Tried all the steps you mentioned, no success.

No Coualt on addons menu and no terminal buildings showing.

If it helps anything, I'm running Windows 8.1 and P3D V 2.3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 06:31:26 pm »
Im not using FSX, butP3D v2.3. I have never seen those permission questions on P3D.

Which is just normal, since only FSX will ASK you permission to run executables. But that doesn't change the fact that, if you untrusted a publisher in your system ( even from FSX ) it won't run in P3D too, even if P3D doesn't "ask" permissions.

If you have the Addon Manager menu under P3D, I still believe the problem is the antivirus. As I've said in my previous message, it's not enough to "just" exclude the P3D folder from scanning, you must also turn it off when installing the program, otherwise the antivirus might still be able to block it at install time, even before it goes into the P3D folder.

Noting that we don't officially support Windows 8.1 ( although we have many user that use our products with it ), meaning I cannot offer the same help as if you were using the officially supported Windows 7, you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Prepar3d v2 files

At the next launch of the sim, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening. Only the first 15-20 lines are important. If the scrolling goes too fast, try again and use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to read the first lines of the screen.

gcbraun

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »
Regarding the Antivirus, I have disabled it during installation.

When I place the INI file on My Prepar3d v2 files folder, the Simulator Crash upon loading due to a fault on the MSVCR100.dll module.

Might be a problem with SimConnect? I´ve tried reinstalling it using both MSI files inside Prepar3d directory, but that didn´t solve it.

Is there a way to check if SimConnect is operational? After some research, I already checked and I have all the SimConnect folders on C:\Windows\WinSxS
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:55:53 pm by gcbraun »

gcbraun

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 10:52:52 pm »
OK...I ended up just loading couatl.exe manually after Prepar3d booted up and everything seems to be working fine.

Guess that will be my solution for now!