Author Topic: GSX will not load at airports  (Read 10149 times)

coairps

GSX will not load at airports
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »
All,
      Does anybody get this message?? I have try to remove and reinstall GSX with the anti-virus off and  remove the add-on when uninstall. I also tried the stand alone and it still did not work. Can anybody help??

Thanks..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX will not load at airports
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:33:39 pm »
The message includes the most important information to understand the problem, and is telling you to check your Couatl.ERR file, pointing to its location in your system. Post its content, please.

FNLU

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:23:55 pm »
couatl v2.0 (build 2364)
panic log started on Fri Aug 08 14:47:09 2014
SR.
I have the same problem as "coairps".  Below is my .err file.

Thanks

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 135, in show
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 124, in perform
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 593, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 844, in setGate
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 55, in materialize
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 417, in makeTrain
  File "couatl\common\train.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 315, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 01:10:14 am »
I have the same problem as "coairps".  Below is my .err file.

That's not certain, until we'll see HIS own Couatl.err file.

YOUR Couatl.ERR file, shows you must have ignored a major update in the past, because it's missing some vehicles:

common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed

Download and install the CURRENT GSX Full installer.

FNLU

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 03:43:33 am »
Right.  I thought that is what it was and I did download the full GSX installer, uninstalled the existing GSX and installed the one I just dl'd.  I get the same error.  Will try agn, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:23 am »
Right.  I thought that is what it was and I did download the full GSX installer, uninstalled the existing GSX and installed the one I just dl'd.  I get the same error.  Will try agn, thanks.

Then you have something messed up in your FSX, not related at all with GSX. Maybe you have the problem explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9162.msg73226.html#msg73226

coairps

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »
Hi,
     Here it is....

couatl v2.0 (build 2364)
panic log started on Fri Aug 08 14:25:01 2014

File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 61, in switchToState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 443, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 79, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 843, in setGate

Thanks...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 09:36:39 pm »

So yes, you two have the same problem, so you can just read my previous answer above, and try that solution. Assuming, of course, you HAVE installed GSX from the current version.

FNLU

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:44:43 am »
Then you have something messed up in your FSX, not related at all with GSX. Maybe you have the problem explained here:

fsx.cfg is in order, SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc, is present.  I downloaded the gsx installer again and installed it = no joy.

installed the new addon mgr - no joy

the baggage tractor is in fact installed in the simobjects/misc folder; the model file is there.

This all started a few days ago after I started having trouble at FSDT KORD.  The sim "stalled" for a few seconds when I got near KORD at night.  I installed the "light fix" that I found on the forum; it did not cure the "stalls" (I do not use dx10).  I figured I may get KORD back to normal by downloading the newest KORD installer.  KORD now works fine after installing the latest version... I dont know how I may have missed a KORD update...??? 

Anyway... after all that, GSX now errs out when I call for the follow-me car -- at all airports.  I can warp to a position w/o the err but there are no gsx vehicles present; the prompts do work though. 

I there a way to do a clean install?  To remove all gsx files before reinstalling?  That is.. without messing-up my KSFO, KLAX, KORD, PHNL and KJFKv2???

Thank you for your attention and patience.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:12:30 am »
installed the new addon mgr - no joy

This wasn't needed, of course. I said you only need the *current* full GSX installer.

the baggage tractor is in fact installed in the simobjects/misc folder; the model file is there.

Do you have installed the PaintKit ? If yes, you must update that one too.

This all started a few days ago after I started having trouble at FSDT KORD.  The sim "stalled" for a few seconds when I got near KORD at night.  I installed the "light fix" that I found on the forum; it did not cure the "stalls" (I do not use dx10).

The lights fix would have cured your stalls regardless if you use DX10 or not. If if didn't, it can only mean you installed it in the wrong folder.

I figured I may get KORD back to normal by downloading the newest KORD installer.  KORD now works fine after installing the latest version... I dont know how I may have missed a KORD update...???

The current KORD installer is exactly the same as the previous last version, except it contains the lights fix, but of course you can be sure the light fix will end up in the correct place. Unless your KORD version was really old, installing the lights fix or the installer shouldn't make any difference.

Anyway... after all that, GSX now errs out when I call for the follow-me car -- at all airports.  I can warp to a position w/o the err but there are no gsx vehicles present; the prompts do work though.

If you warp to a position, there WILL be no GSX vehicles. That's exactly how the Warp function works. It says "Just warp me there", because it "just" warp you there, without calling GSX, so it's normal you won't see any GSX vehicles.

What do you mean with "GSX now errs out" ? What's the precise, exact, text of the error message ?

I there a way to do a clean install?  To remove all gsx files before reinstalling?

Uninstall from the Control Panel, then remove the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

This will remove all your GSX customizations, both airplanes and airports, so maybe you'll want to copy that folder to a safe place instead of removing it.

coairps

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 03:50:33 pm »
All,
      did all of the above procedures and I am still getting that error??? Anything else that I can do to fix this???

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 12:40:28 am »
did all of the above procedures and I am still getting that error??? Anything else that I can do to fix this???

Try to unisntall, and if you still have some folders named FSDT_* in the Simobjects\Misc folder, which are not belonging to an FSDT airport ( like FSDT_KLAX, FSDT_KJFK, etc. ), remove them manually.

Then reinstall again.

coairps

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 09:38:54 am »
All,
      I did all of the above and I still get the same error every time. This is getting very frustrating!!! >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 06:31:21 pm »
I did all of the above and I still get the same error every time. This is getting very frustrating!!! >:(

It's even more frustrating for me, because that error simply cannot happen, if you really followed all instructions.

Try to enable logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of your "GSX - Settings" page, and send your COUATL.LOG file that should have been created into the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, after an FSX restart.

coairps

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 07:20:14 pm »
Here you go...

couatl v2.0 (build 2364)
panic log started on Fri Aug 22 02:35:54 2014

File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 61, in switchToState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 443, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 79, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 843, in setGate

Thanks,