Author Topic: Noticed an Error **SOLVED - not an error**  (Read 4034 times)

Lude2Envy

Noticed an Error **SOLVED - not an error**
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:31:50 pm »
Noticed this error while landing at KLAX today. The runway centerline lights alternate red and white all the way to the end of the runway. They're only supposed to alternate from the last 3000 to 1000 feet, then turn solid red for the last 1000 feet. Not a huge issue, but thought I'd put it out there incase it hasn't been mentioned already.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:46:40 pm by virtuali »
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Noticed an Error
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »
Noticed this error while landing at KLAX today. The runway centerline lights alternate red and white all the way to the end of the runway.

No, they don't. They are all white, and then alternate between red/white in the last part of the runway.

You are probably confusing the white color, which is reality is not white (opposed to the default FSX runway lights, which are far too white), but is slight orange/pink, but it's definitely not red, because since we don't use default runway lights, we could model the "white" (which is not white) color more realistically, but if you compare to the actual red, they are very different, the same hues are used for the PAPIs, and white/red are impossible to confuse.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:49:28 am »
Noticed this error while landing at KLAX today. The runway centerline lights alternate red and white all the way to the end of the runway.

No, they don't. They are all white, and then alternate between red/white in the last part of the runway.

You are probably confusing the white color, which is reality is not white (opposed to the default FSX runway lights, which are far too white), but is slight orange/pink, but it's definitely not red, because since we don't use default runway lights, we could model the "white" (which is not white) color more realistically, but if you compare to the actual red, they are very different, the same hues are used for the PAPIs, and white/red are impossible to confuse.

They do alternate in the sim. What I'm saying is, the centerline lights for the last 1000 feet of the runway should be all solid red. They only alternate from the remaining 3000 feet to 1000 feet of the runway. Refer to section 2-1-5 subpart A of the AIM. https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/aim/aim0201.html
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 10:36:04 am »
What I'm saying is, the centerline lights for the last 1000 feet of the runway should be all solid red. They only alternate from the remaining 3000 feet to 1000 feet of the runway.

Ok, that's different, I had the impression that you had the lights alternating for the whole runway. Yes, we haven't modeled the last 1000 ft, we'll might add it in a future upgrade.