Author Topic: GSX has stopped working **SOLVED**  (Read 11416 times)

scox72

GSX has stopped working **SOLVED**
« on: July 26, 2014, 06:13:01 pm »
Hi,

Have latest version installed and when first open the GSX options to start boarding etc, it hangs pc for a few secs, then releases but nothing happens, and can no longer get the menu to appear?

Using FSX version with any planes, mainly Aerosoft A320/321 and PMDG NGX 737.

Appreciate any help.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:56:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
You mean you have everything working normally when you start a flight, but as soon as you select any of the GSX menu options, it crashes ? If yes, try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, then restart FSX and do it again, then exit and check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder for a Couatl.LOG and a Couatl.ERR files, and post them here.

scox72

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:32:59 pm »
Hi,
Set the log options, now have a .log but no .err file.

Loading airport EGKK from D:/FSX/ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_ENG_EGKK.BGL
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:50:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 11:51:36 pm »
Loading airport EGKK from D:/FSX/ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_ENG_EGKK.BGL

Try on a default airport, a possible explanation might be some kind of problem in this AFCAD.

If that doesn't fix it, try on a default airport with a default airplane.

scox72

Re: Re: Re: GSX has stopped working
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 11:56:27 pm »

Try on a default airport, a possible explanation might be some kind of problem in this AFCAD.

If that doesn't fix it, try on a default airport with a default airplane.
No problem, will try in the morning and report back.

scox72

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:38 pm »
Hi,

So tried same as last night first, Aerosoft A320 from EGLL, same, menu appears, hangs, then nothing and no entry in the addon menu in fsx.

Tried same plane at LFPG, same.

Tried default FSX B738 at LFPG and same, hangs then seems to close.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 01:45:52 pm »
So tried same as last night first, Aerosoft A320 from EGLL, same, menu appears, hangs, then nothing and no entry in the addon menu in fsx.

Are you sure you have everything updated ? I tried the default 737-800 at LFPG, and no problems whatsoever. Maybe you ignored the last major update (a notification for it has been sent about 1-2 weeks ago).

Download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, to be sure you have the current version of everything.

scox72

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:43:14 pm »
Hi,

Pretty certain, I downloaded the latest GSX from the website to be certain and also the stand alone add-on manager, is there anything else that needs updating?

Steve

scox72

Re:
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »
Hi, with the weekend, will have some time to look into this again, if I uninstall the standalone add on manager, is there anything else I should do to resolve this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re:
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »
if I uninstall the standalone add on manager, is there anything else I should do to resolve this?

I haven't said anything about uninstalling, you must INSTALL the Stand-Alone Addon Manager to update and, if you are not sure about GSX, install GSX using the full installer, and then the Addon Manager afterwards.

scox72

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:34 pm »
OK, downloaded the stand alone updater, installed, started FSX, Aerosoft A320 at EGKK Stand 10, Selected One of the commands on GSX menu, hung then came back, seems the same, GSX no longer responds to key commands.

Stand along manager downloaded from http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »
OK, downloaded the stand alone updater, installed, started FSX, Aerosoft A320 at EGKK Stand 10, Selected One of the commands on GSX menu, hung then came back, seems the same, GSX no longer responds to key commands.

Ok, try something else: trash all your GSX preferences, located here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Then reinstall GSX.

Note that this will remove any airplane and airport customizations you made so, perhaps you want to *move* that folder somewhere, rather than removing it, so you can always go back to it.

scox72

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:12 pm »
No change, still no good.

Getting desperate now, only thing that has changed is I recently added Orbx England scenery.

Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 11:40:48 pm »
Getting desperate now, only thing that has changed is I recently added Orbx England scenery.

I'm quite puzzled, want to try a Teamviewer session ? Send me your session id and password by PM if that's ok for you. You can download TM here:

http://www.teamviewer.com

scox72

Re:
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 11:49:53 pm »
I've switched off now but would be good if your available mainly tomorrow afternoon.

Will install TV and pm you my id tomorrow