Author Topic: Can I move the marshaller a bit to the left or right?  (Read 4406 times)

Von Rondstadd

Can I move the marshaller a bit to the left or right?
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:00:33 pm »
Hello,

I have a little problem with the position of the marshaller!

Want to move him a bit left or right so I can see him.
Take a look at pictures!

What can I do??

socili

Re: Can I move the marshaller a bit to the left or right?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »
why a marshaller when you have a Visual Docking Guidance Systems (VDGS)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »
Exactly...you shouldn't have a marshaller there.

Since you are using a 3rd party airport, you should use the GSX scenery customization page, to indicate all parkings that already have their own parking assistance, and disable the marshaller there. This is automatic for all FSDT airports, and of course default airports don't have a docking system, but you must do it for your 3rd party airports.

You can do it in batches. For example, if you know a terminal has docking systems at all stands, select the whole terminal branch in the parking lists, the editor will tell you how many parkings are selected, and click to disable the marshaller for all those parkings at once.

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »
I am not sure that it is a Visual Docking Guidance Systems!

If it is the Visual Docking Guidance it does not work in this scenery, it only say's stand number 5, 4 and so on!

And found this video on youtube (same spot) the  marshaller is standing in front of the (Visual Docking Guidance?) post!

What's video at the end!

Regards Robert
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:10:30 pm by Von Rondstadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:27:48 pm »
If it is the Visual Docking Guidance it does not work in this scenery, it only say's stand number 5, 4 and so on!

Well, the screenshot is not entirely clear, but perhaps it's an optical-only system, whose effect is made just by parallax ? If, instead, is an electronic model which is supposed to work, but it doesn't, perhaps it has a way to activate it in the scenery, or maybe the developer put a fake object, just for the looks ? In the last case, GSX can't do anything about it.

And found this video on youtube (same spot) the  marshaller is standing in front of the (Visual Docking Guidance?) post!

Not sure if that is a docking system post, it looks like more like a lamp post, and I doubt Reunion Island airport has electronic docking systems.

In any case, you can adjust the MaxMarshaller distance parameter in the GSX scenery configuration page, until it appears in front of the docking system. But in real world, the whole point of having a Visual Docking System, is that you don't need a Marshaller.

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:13 pm »
Thank you Umberto

But in real world, the whole point of having a Visual Docking System, is that you don't need a Marshaller.

Yeh I know,but in the next screenshot it looks like an Visual Docking System?

But the thing is it is not working in this ad-on scenery!

And watching that video with the Marshaller could be a solution!

That is why I asked to move the Marshaller to the right or left.

Because putting him in front of the pole I am not sure I can see him at that position from the cockpit?

And that post has the (Visual Docking System?) on it see picture!

Regards Robert
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:12:20 pm by Von Rondstadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 01:11:10 am »
But the thing is it is not working in this ad-on scenery!

Well, that's nothing GSX could help with...we'll likely add a feature to let user add one of the several FSDT (working) docking systems in a scenery that doesn't have them, but the issue is, if you have a scenery with a non-working one, it could be very difficult to remove it.

Because putting him in front of the pole I am not sure I can see him at that position from the cockpit?

Well, of course that's an issue, since the position calculated by GSX, is related to your eyepoint. But sometimes, because of the scenery constraint, you must reduce it. Perhaps you should use the key to raise your eyepoint in the VC.

And that post has the (Visual Docking System?) on it see picture!

Ok, it's not that, when they install a VDGS, they fire all the Marshallers. Perhaps it was out of order that day...but maybe on THAT airport, you have enough space to place a marshaller in front of the post and still see him from the cockpit, but you might not have it at your scenery.

Moving the Marshaller left/right is wrong: he must be perfectly aligned with the yellow line, otherwise it would be very difficult to judge (for you and for him) the lateral distance to give you signals.